10 years ago today

jackrfc95

Fucking breaks my heart thinking about that. Lost out on a European title and look at the state of us now having to settle with 3rd place and the thought of getting pumped off some wee diddy European team again.

10 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Even the weather today is similar. Left about 6.30 am, hit a Bear-swamped  Southwaite services about 8.30 so at this time that day would be on the M6 heading for Preston, the nearest accommodation to Manchester we could get.

You must have left at similar time to us mate. I started drinking at 330 as I couldn't sleep :lol:

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

You must have left at similar time to us mate. I started drinking at 330 as I couldn't sleep :lol:

I didn’t sleep much the night before either but as I was driving the drink wasn’t really an option   :lol:

First can in Piccadilly after getting the train in from Preston.

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

I didn’t sleep much the night before either but as I was driving the drink wasn’t really an option   :lol:

First can in Piccadilly after getting the train in from Preston.

Would a been no bad had you drank whilst driving mate :lol:

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Would a been no bad had you drank whilst driving mate :lol:

Aye it was like one big party all the way down the road, saw some incredible sights. As someone posted it was cars, buses, limos, lorries, you name it. Like being in the Wacky Races cartoon.

One thing I remember was going through roadworks just over the border and one of the workmen was standing there in a tarrier top, obviously the cunt was doing it to wind us up, the abuse he was getting from the Bears was unreal.

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

Even the weather today is similar. Left about 6.30 am, hit a Bear-swamped  Southwaite services about 8.30 so at this time that day would be on the M6 heading for Preston, the nearest accommodation to Manchester we could get.

I was in Preston too. Got the train into Manchester about 0830 - like sardines on the train. 

What a day.

I just wish we had scored just to see everyone going mental. Went with my dad and my brother brilliant day and the biggest movement of fans in modern football history.

Just a shame about the result and the bitterness of the authorities in Scotland who made our schedule as hard as possible whilst Zenit got the week off in Russia.

2 hours ago, Swagger said:

I was in Preston too. Got the train into Manchester about 0830 - like sardines on the train. 

What a day.

I had naively booked seats on the 2.30 train from Preston to Manchester, but we got down about 10 am and rather than going to the pub in Preston, we decided to head for an earlier one. Can remember the locals shouting “good luck” as we walked from the Holiday Inn to the station. Managed to squeeze on one about 11, I hadn’t realised the trains came from Blackpool so they were rammed full already like those Japanese commuter trains where you see the wee guy pushing people in the doors.

Train was literally bouncing all the way in, at one station a businessman managed to get on, one of the Bears shouted “he looks like Richard Whiteley” and the poor guy got pelters all the way in. We stopped at Oxford Road (?) and there was a group of Zenit fans on another platform, making “friendly” throat-slitting gestures at us.

If we had waited for the train I had booked seats on, I doubt if we would even have managed to get on it by that time in the day, never mind stroll on and find two empty seats waiting for us.:lol:

A brilliant day out, from the way down to arrival, place was buzzing and felt the only motivation needed for the players was to drive through the streets and see the sheer numbers for themselves.  Then a very flat performance left me leaving the stadium deflated as fuck, the only high point us doing the bouncy round the stadium about 60-70mins. Had to get the train back to hotel and then home next day, my crowd hardly spoke as I drove, we just wanted home.  10years, ffs.