Scott Arfield signs

Lloyd

50 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not sure what we're getting in Arfield in terms of how good he is or isn't or what type of player he is, but a proven Championship player and someone who has played a few games in the Premiership should improve the squad you'd hope.

Dorrans? Martin? 

23 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

My other concern is I have been told - granted third hand and supposedly originally from a credible source that he is on £38k per week. 

Does anyone on the forum have credible info on his wages? £38k per week is miles from money well spent if true.

Oh for fux sake here we bloody go. Mystic fucking Meg 

14 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

You’d think so but fuck knows these days. Crazy decisions coupled with seemingly good decisions... not beyond the realsm of possibility. 

Although I didn’t hear any rumour of Burnley fighting to keep him or other clubs making concrete offers (outside this forum)  you’d think it would take those kind of numbers to beat off competition. Allegedly West Ham were in for him - I say allegedly as it was on here I was told. Beating a solid EPL side with a big budget to him brings the supposed rumour into the realms of possibility.

I know there are a few commentators on here that are in the know hence the question.

I don't even Think the West Ham thing matters, pretty sure his heart was set on coming back up the road and especially because it was us, don't think it's anything to do with money (although I'm sure he's still being well payed - maybe not anywhere near 38k tho) 

Just now, Waggy1872 said:

I don't even Think the West Ham thing matters, pretty sure his heart was set on coming back up the road and especially because it was us, don't think it's anything to do with money (although I'm sure he's still being well payed - maybe not anywhere near 38k tho) 

Why is though? Several Falkirk based posters say he was from a taig family.

Again something I don’t know any facts about just what was said earlier in an Arfield thread. 

41 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

My other concern is I have been told - granted third hand and supposedly originally from a credible source that he is on £38k per week. 

Does anyone on the forum have credible info on his wages? £38k per week is miles from money well spent if true.

Unsubstantiated FUD. Why post it? 

13 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Why is though? Several Falkirk based posters say he was from a taig family.

Again something I don’t know any facts about just what was said earlier in an Arfield thread. 

Well even still I think he was at a point where he wanted to come up here, so all I'm saying is I don't think we've really beaten any prem teams to his signature 

9 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He’s an established Premier League player in the peak of his career and he hasn’t cost us a penny in transfer fees. Why wouldn’t people get excited or be optimistic about that?

How many games has he started for this amazing English premiership team?

34 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

How many games has he started for this amazing English premiership team?

In the three Premier League seasons he played there he made 87 appearances, which averages out at 29 appearances a season.

Throw in the 91 appearances he made in the two seasons when Burnley when they were competing at the very top of the Championship and it’s clear he’s been a good, reliable player for them.

Honestly if you think Arfield is no better than what we have then you are off your trolley. Have I missed the string of Premier League clubs who are queuing up to sign Halliday, Holt, Jack, Docherty, Dorrans & Rossiter? ?

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

In the three Premier League seasons he played there he made 87 appearances, which averages out at 29 appearances a season.

Throw in the 91 appearances he made in the two seasons when Burnley when they were competing at the very top of the Championship and it’s clear he’s been a good, reliable player for them.

Honestly if you think Arfield is no better than what we have then you are off your trolley. Have I missed the string of Premier League clubs who are queuing up to sign Halliday, Holt, Jack, Docherty, Dorrans & Rossiter? ?

Wonder how many games Sinclair played for Villa who were relegated the season before he came and tore it up here

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Wonder how many games Sinclair played for Villa who were relegated the season before he came and tore it up here

Considering that earlier on Mr Redwhiteandblue was talking about celtic being linked with 15 million pound players I’m assuming he takes the media at their word so if we are doing that then West Ham, Brighton and Crystal Palace all wanted Arfield. His current club wanted him to sign a new deal and three other Premier League clubs wanted him too. He’s shite and no better than the group of midfielders we have though, you know those ones who are so bad we can’t even give them away?

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Aye, its the same clubs that were queuing up to sign Airfield. 

And no one mention Davie Moyes ffs, cause that was shite. Wish it was true though. 

When are folk going to realise? Bottom of the EPL rejects and most Championship players, bar a few that are out of our price range ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR Rangers. 

We are aiming for the SPL and we've signed a rookie manager and will sign midiocre players. 

Hope the ones happy about this situation aren't on here moaning this time in 11 months when we're fighting for second again.