Scott Arfield signs

Lloyd

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

When are folk going to realise? Bottom of the EPL rejects and most Championship players, bar a few that are out of our price range ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR Rangers. 

We are aiming for the SPL and we've signed a rookie manager and will sign midiocre players. 

Hope the ones happy about this situation aren't on here moaning this time in 11 months when we're fighting for second again. 

So what sort of players do we sign? Do we battle it out for Wilshere? Slap in a bid for Salah?

What players do you think we can attract if you think Arfield isnt a good signing?

celtic romped the league in Rogers 1st year with Championship players signed and what he had.

10 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Aye, its the same clubs that were queuing up to sign Airfield. 

And no one mention Davie Moyes ffs, cause that was shite. Wish it was true though. 

When are folk going to realise? Bottom of the EPL rejects and most Championship players, bar a few that are out of our price range ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR Rangers. 

We are aiming for the SPL and we've signed a rookie manager and will sign midiocre players. 

Hope the ones happy about this situation aren't on here moaning this time in 11 months when we're fighting for second again. 

Spot on. Arfield doesn’t really improve on that shower. If you disagree you clearly haven’t watched much of him.

Worst of it is the money that gets frittered in such players.

As far as rookie manager goes - that remains to be seen. Some young managers hit the ground running Rowett, Monk, Howe  etc. As for his signings - I don’t think he will sign mediocre players. If it’s down to Stevie G we will get some decent signings. If it’s down to Mark Allen... we will get much the same won’t we?

2 hours ago, bluchoo said:

So what sort of players do we sign? Do we battle it out for Wilshere? Slap in a bid for Salah?

What players do you think we can attract if you think Arfield isnt a good signing?

celtic romped the league in Rogers 1st year with Championship players signed and what he had.

To be fair I'd love to see us battle it out for Wilshere.  Doubt it'll happen, though rumour has it he's got bear-like sympathies.

2 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

To be fair I'd love to see us battle it out for Wilshere.  Doubt it'll happen, though rumour has it he's got bear-like sympathies.

He’ll be on over £100k a week and permanently injury prone. We’d be bankrupt if we signed him.

1 hour ago, Hutton2008 said:

Spot on. Arfield doesn’t really improve on that shower. If you disagree you clearly haven’t watched much of him.

Worst of it is the money that gets frittered in such players.

As far as rookie manager goes - that remains to be seen. Some young managers hit the ground running Rowett, Monk, Howe  etc. As for his signings - I don’t think he will sign mediocre players. If it’s down to Stevie G we will get some decent signings. If it’s down to Mark Allen... we will get much the same won’t we?

You do realise Gerrard has ok'd this signing, so on what basis do you think he would sign decent players if he's happy with this one, given that you really are not a fan of Arfield?

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Thank fuck you  rumours of us trying for wee Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth turned out to be false. Ffs they were about 12th he must be lucky if he can even tie his laces. 

Probably wears slip ons

I’ll get potters boy to kick your cunt in again anymore of your shit 

26 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Scott Arfield has revealed he will wear the No.37 shirt in tribute to friend Craig Gowans after signing a four-year deal with Rangers. 

Absolute gentleman. Still can’t believe what happened to the poor boy.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Was he the boy that got electrocuted?

Yep. Absolutely tragic.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12484709.Tragedy_as_footballer_is_electrocuted_Power_cables_kill_promising_teenager/

37 was Gowans' squad number when he first broke into the Falkirk senior team.

2 hours ago, Waggy1872 said:

You do realise Gerrard has ok'd this signing, so on what basis do you think he would sign decent players if he's happy with this one, given that you really are not a fan of Arfield?

I’m not a fan of Arfield but that’s another matter. 

Gerrard OK’d did he? I could swear Arfield was confirmed well before Gerrard signed the dotted line?! So essentially a pundit OK’d a high profile transfer? 

I really believe Stevie G had zero influence on the transfer. I’m hopeful he will identify and sign his own players. 

30 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Gerrard OK’d did he? I could swear Arfield was confirmed well before Gerrard signed the dotted line?! So essentially a pundit OK’d a high profile transfer? 

I really believe Stevie G had zero influence on the transfer. I’m hopeful he will identify and sign his own players. 

When was the arfield deal actually confirmed? Yesterday? Which is after we had our new manager in place. I realise there's been talks for months with arfield but I'm guessing when Gerrard was being spoken to they would've said they'd already been working on a deal with arfield

25 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Arfield signed for Rangers yesterday, Steven Gerrard signed his Rangers contract on the 4th of May.

It obviously wan't a secret we were after Arfield but he didn't officially become a Rangers player untill yesterday.

I think Allen confirmed in yesterday's interview that he informed Gerrard of our intent to sign the lad and got the ok from him regarding it. 

Agree Gerrard didn't have any influence in signing him but he did give his consent to it when asked by Allen. 

I can't remember seeing the lad play at all so have no idea if he will be good or not. Time will tell I suppose.

24 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Arfield signed for Rangers yesterday, Steven Gerrard signed his Rangers contract on the 4th of May.

It obviously wan't a secret we were after Arfield but he didn't officially become a Rangers player untill yesterday.

I think Allen confirmed in yesterday's interview that he informed Gerrard of our intent to sign the lad and got the ok from him regarding it. 

Agree Gerrard didn't have any influence in signing him but he did give his consent to it when asked by Allen. 

I can't remember seeing the lad play at all so have no idea if he will be good or not. Time will tell I suppose.

Agreement was already in place. The unveiling happened yesterday as both clubs league season hadn’t finished.

wether the signing works out or not it cannot be classed as a Gerrard signing.

16 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Agreement was already in place. The unveiling happened yesterday as both clubs league season hadn’t finished.

wether the signing works out or not it cannot be classed as a Gerrard signing.

Totally agree he isn't Gerrard's signing, just pointing out that he gave the ok for it when informed by Allen.

If he didn't fancy him he would have said no. 

1 hour ago, RS4_wul said:

Totally agree he isn't Gerrard's signing, just pointing out that he gave the ok for it when informed by Allen.

If he didn't fancy him he would have said no. 

Were you in the room aye when this happened, or copied into the mail. 

He was signing regardless. That’s all I’m saying.

26 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Wasn't in the room when it happened, naw. :lol:

But I heard Mark Allen say in yesterday's press conference that Steven Gerrard fully endorsed the signing and was happy with it.

Maybe he was signing anyway as you say and as I already agreed he's not Gerrard's signing. He's here now and hopefully he does the business for us. :tu:

33 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Mark Allen stated it was run by SG who okayed it. Were you in the room when it was agreed prior to yesterday? Any proof?

Signing regardless means nothing until rubber stamped and contractually formalised  which was yesterday.... unless you have that proof it was formalised earlier....

8 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

He didn’t make it for years and got a Canada cap as there was no chance of a Scotland call up. Fact.

We need to back our players mate - right up to the point where they let us down, and then we've got to pick them up.

The guy just played a good number of games for a top half EPL aside. I really don’t understand what people expect from us in the transfer window. It’s not like celtic are going out and beating Everton, Burnley, or Tottenham to top players at their peak. It’s youths who couldn’t get a sniff at an EPL starting eleven, the odd successful punt from foreign leagues, and sometimes a promising kid from the SPL.