***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Ronaldo could sign for any team on the planet, adapt to their style and thrive? Messi? Well not so much.

Yet Ronaldo supposedly has the bigger ego ?

Completely agree with this. Messi was a far better player before he became a wee dick.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe Argentina were odds on to win this (seen them 10/11) considering who plays for both sides.

I get Argentina have Messi, Aguero, Higuian, Dybala and left a guy like Icardi at home but compared to Croatia they are average as fuck every where else.

Everyone of Croatia's starting 11 apart from Vida play in a top 5 European league. I couldn't tell you half the players in the Argentina starting 11.

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Messi's contribution to Argentina has generally been under rated throughout his career. Been anonymous this tournament though, looks like he can't be fucked which is odd.

The people of Argentina outside of his hometown have never really showed the love for him like Maradona gets, perhaps it has a lot to do with him leaving his homeland at a very young age

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Can't believe Argentina were odds on to win this (seen them 10/11) considering who plays for both sides.

I get Argentina have Messi, Aguero, Higuian, Dybala and left a guy like Icardi at home but compared to Croatia they are average as fuck every where else.

Everyone of Croatia's starting 11 apart from Vida play in a top 5 European league. I couldn't tell you half the players in the Argentina starting 11.

Also though, Messi is the only one that's proper top rung, whereas Croatia have two in Modric and Rakitic.

18 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Tbh Portugal have a team that plays a certain way that allows CR to strut his stuff, he only plays in the last third. Argentina expect Messi to do everything. 

Messi lover. He has done fuck all for tge Argies. Touched the ball 20 times in tge first half, Ronaldo probably touches it less but his impact is there to see. No excuses hes a wee tippy tappy dribbly wank. 

Archived