***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

29 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Whats the deal with the eagle thing? Read the article on the BBC and it says its the symbol on the Albanian flag?

They both come from Albanian families i read earlier , the Serbian fans had been singing about Kosovo apparently which obv backfired on them 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

They both come from Albanian families i read earlier , the Serbian fans had been singing about Kosovo apparently which obv backfired on them 

But how can replicating the sign of a well known bird on a legitamate countries flag be punished as a political gesture just because the have grief with them. PC shite to me

1 minute ago, wullyRFC said:

But how can replicating the sign of a well known bird on a legitamate countries flag be punished as a political gesture just because the have grief with them. PC shite to me

Yeah it's a pile of shite if they actually get any sort of punishment 

7 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

With England, Scotland etc. getting fines for poppies and stuff then they are deserved tbf

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

With England, Scotland etc. are getting fines for poppies and stuff then they are deserved tbf

Its a countries national flag though. The st georges cross or saltire has never been deemed political because its simply not

3 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Its a countries national flag though. The st georges cross or saltire has never been deemed political because its simply not

I know it's stupid as fuck, and I know virtually nothing of the actual war, but surely Swiss people having an Albanian flag on their boots and doing a gesture of it's flag due to the war which I'm guessing was political that happened is kinda political?

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I know it's stupid as fuck, and I know virtually nothing of the actual war, but surely Swiss people having an Albanian flag on their boots and doing a gesture of it's flag due to the war which I'm guessing was political that happened is kinda political?

It was defo political but it was still a legitamate flag of a country who participated in the qualifiers and one of those ones where if you were offended then fuck off n die. 

Mitrovic was brilliant against Switzerland.  He's so strong and good in the air the opposition CBs couldn't cope.  Watching two of them surround him and drag him down was hilarious.  

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I didn't even realise it was in the box until now. I assumed it was outside the box. I would have had the money spent until it was pointed out it was outside.

I had checked it straight away as I had on a goal from outside the box and a headed goal 

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Mitrovic was brilliant against Switzerland.  He's so strong and good in the air the opposition CBs couldn't cope.  Watching two of them surround him and drag him down was hilarious.  

Mitrovic is really entertaining to watch, guys a fucking nutter, he bullies defenders for fun and always plays on the edge. Not bad technically either.

23 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Fuck I've got Toni Kroos as one of my bets for player of the tournament !! 

I suppose that game could have went worse for us ? Reus goal and Kroos screamer. 

Gonna try this with William Hill. Seems pretty generous odds............

Loftus-Cheek, Maguire, Stones, Trippier Each At Least 1 Shot On Target @35/1

24 Jun 2018 - England v Panama - #YourOdds - 16/1 to 45/1

YourOdds

Stake£10.00

To return £400.52

Archived