***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

Some right greeting faced nuggets in here. The mix of alcohol with over expectations always results in England fans going a bit OTT. 

Let them enjoy it whilst it lasts. Wouldn't bother me if they win it. They are Britain's only representative.

The scenes when we win 55 will put anything they do into shadow. But as an ex pat working down here everyone seems happier and nicer whilst the good feeling of this World Cup continues.

Much rather put up with "It's coming home" than fucking flower of Scotland. It's a massive IF but had the tartan trannies qualified and won 6 -1 would they be happy to just sit at home quietly..??. It would be hijacked by wee Nick and made a public holiday. Then an independence vote would be forthcoming. ??

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was with the referee giving France a freekick before the break after Griezmann ran the whole length of the pitch and was taken out, only for the referee to blow for half time before they could take it? Ridiculous decision. 

29 minutes ago, Broxi said:

What was with the referee giving France a freekick before the break after Griezmann ran the whole length of the pitch and was taken out, only for the referee to blow for half time before they could take it? Ridiculous decision. 

He can blow the whistle when he likes.. Im sure he can even give a pen and blow for half/full time.

4 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

By fuck france are average. No way is that team winning it. Peru have been the best team to watch in this group and theyre out.

France have been pish but Denmark have defended well for the most part. Just need to frustrate them a bit more and go for the kill :pipe: 

3 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Some right greeting faced nuggets in here. The mix of alcohol with over expectations always results in England fans going a bit OTT. 

Let them enjoy it whilst it lasts. Wouldn't bother me if they win it. They are Britain's only representative.

The scenes when we win 55 will put anything they do into shadow. But as an ex pat working down here everyone seems happier and nicer whilst the good feeling of this World Cup continues.

Much rather put up with "It's coming home" than fucking flower of Scotland. It's a massive IF but had the tartan trannies qualified and won 6 -1 would they be happy to just sit at home quietly..??. It would be hijacked by wee Nick and made a public holiday. Then an independence vote would be forthcoming. ??

Totally agree.

It's pure jealousy up here in my opinion from the ABE mob. The whole "it was only Panama" stuff is embarressing too. Panama a country who are actually 1 place higher than Scotland in the world rankings, rightly or wrongly. This country would be going wild if they beat San Marino by a 5 goal margain.

For me it's an inferiority complex (similar to the celtic with us) it doesn't matter what we (Scotland) do as long as they suffer. It plagues more than just Scottish football. Even the past Six Nations there were fans in my work who were just happy that Scotland beat England rather than actually winning anything and as good Ireland were in that competition Scotland could have won it.

Wee tangent there but I'm sick of the constant anti-English stuff as well. Even if it's just the media, they don't need to watch it. Switch off and just watch the games.

Archived