***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/06/2018 at 19:15, Rangers_no1 said:

Spain have no chance if they insist on playing Iniesta.

On 20/06/2018 at 19:41, Rangers_no1 said:

Iniesta really shouldn't be starting, nowhere near the same player he once was.

Well called. Seems even Hierro reads this forum.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Nothing strange about it, was obvious he shouldn't be starting against Portugal. Would look even better if they dropped Silva.   

Penalty

Probably a case off too many playmakers in the side.

I like Silva he’s a lovely player to watch but he doesn’t seem to fit this system.

I've said it for years. I used to like watching Barcelona and Spain but they've taken possession based football to the point of boredom. No excitement at all in playing the easy pass for possession's sake. Hardly anybody taking the risk of losing the ball by at least trying that killer pass or trying to beat a man.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

think we got spoiled yesterday, this is like watching paint dry

I went through to Edinburgh yesterday with the wife, who hates football, for a wee pub crawl. Talked her in to watching the France game and she actually enjoyed (maybe tolerated) it. Thank fuck she got treated to that game - which had just about everything from penalties to both teams taking the lead at different points in the game. Not forgetting some cracking goals.This game is pish in comparison and Spain are to blame for that, not Russia

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I went through to Edinburgh yesterday with the wife, who hates football, for a wee pub crawl. Talked her in to watching the France game and she actually enjoyed (maybe tolerated) it. Thank fuck she got treated to that game - which had just about everything from penalties to both teams taking the lead at different points in the game. Not forgetting some cracking goals.This game is pish in comparison and Spain are to blame for that, not Russia

I read that first sentence as I had to take the wife shopping ?  Really enjoyed both games and results yday, hopefully the Croatia game will be better

Archived