***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

They had one good game against a very poor Poland side and could be without Rodriguez

They were good for 45 against Japan and struggled  second half. With 10 men.

I'd not read too much into the all or nothing game v Senegal tbh, they're still a very good side and England still haven't played anyone. I'm not including the bounce game that Belgium and England's B teams contested 

4 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

England will never have a better chance to reach a world cup final.

Please God no Russia/England final. My heart couldn’t take the overwhelming suspense.

11 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Must be the weakest last 8 in history. No Germany, Spain, Argentina or Portugal.

Not sure I get the logic? The last 8 would be stronger if you included the teams who weren't good enough to get there?

A very warm congratulations to mother Russia and Vlad's eleven. Such a well deserved victory against the nancy boys of Europes elite..

They may not be blessed with talent, but they have hearts of a lion and spines of steel.

Now go put the rest of these pusseys to the sword.

Yesssssssssssss!!!!!!

Kudos to the Russian manager for going over to shake hands with the other manager whilst everyone else was legging it onto the pitch

edit: sorry guys, I'd paused the shoot-out for food......so little late with that comment

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

What utter pish.

The superstars were all there and were found lacking. End of!

It’s still gonna be a pish last 8, not as many top players in the tournament now Portugal, Spain, Messi and Germany are out.

20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Like they did in the group stages? Aye?

Usual nonsense on here about Spain and Barcelona when people base how exciting they are on the odd game against teams that park the bus and don't want to venture into the opposition side of the park.

Best game of the tournament included Spain.

I've said it before to you today but Russia didn't park the bus. Spain progressively forced them deep when in possession with their laborious build up play between the defence and the midfield. When Russia had the ball they were anything but deep. Even in the last few minutes of extra time they were throwing men forward and had at least five players in a very advanced position trying to get the winner.

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Like they did in the group stages? Aye?

Usual nonsense on here about Spain and Barcelona when people base how exciting they are on the odd game against teams that park the bus and don't want to venture into the opposition side of the park.

Best game of the tournament included Spain.

They were poor - didn't utilise Costa, Ascensio and Isco. Should have no qualms about going out. 

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

A very warm congratulations to mother Russia and Vlad's eleven. Such a well deserved victory against the nancy boys of Europes elite..

They may not be blessed with talent, but they have hearts of a lion and spines of steel.

Now go put the rest of these pusseys to the sword.

Yesssssssssssss!!!!!!

?

17 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

For once I agree with Shearer to have a forward like Costa starting and not use his physicality to break Russia down was madness on Spain's part.

Picking any centre forward and going out with a deliberate plan not to give him the ball is a tactic, I guess...got what they deserved.

Archived