Laudrup1984

***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

think we got spoiled yesterday, this is like watching paint dry

I went through to Edinburgh yesterday with the wife, who hates football, for a wee pub crawl. Talked her in to watching the France game and she actually enjoyed (maybe tolerated) it. Thank fuck she got treated to that game - which had just about everything from penalties to both teams taking the lead at different points in the game. Not forgetting some cracking goals.This game is pish in comparison and Spain are to blame for that, not Russia

• Like 1

looking like my bet-builder is crap as i went for spain to get over 5 corners in the match......shows how little attack-minded they have been

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I went through to Edinburgh yesterday with the wife, who hates football, for a wee pub crawl. Talked her in to watching the France game and she actually enjoyed (maybe tolerated) it. Thank fuck she got treated to that game - which had just about everything from penalties to both teams taking the lead at different points in the game. Not forgetting some cracking goals.This game is pish in comparison and Spain are to blame for that, not Russia

I read that first sentence as I had to take the wife shopping 😜  Really enjoyed both games and results yday, hopefully the Croatia game will be better

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Two of Spain's group games were excellent, Iran match was okay as well, not Spain's fault Russia are parking the bus in Mourinho style!

Nah mate. Russia are getting deep because Spain are slowly forcing them back by passing the ball between the midfield and the defenders then progressing their back line up. Russia when they get possession are high enough up the park. Watch next time the Russian keeper has the ball.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

I read that first sentence as I had to take the wife shopping 😜  Really enjoyed both games and results yday, hopefully the Croatia game will be better

:lol: We went in to a couple of shops but mostly in the search of violet gin. Was a genuine pub crawl. Oor anniversary so a wee celebration.

Spain, 800 passes and hardly a shot on target, kind of sums it up really.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

looking like my bet-builder is crap as i went for spain to get over 5 corners in the match......shows how little attack-minded they have been

6 corners now.

8 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Another half hour of this shite :notallowed:

The should bring back golden goal add a bit of drama to the situation.

Might as well be watching Baseball. Expected so much more from Spain, but they’ve been asleep from the off. 

Just now, bluedylan said:

Please Russia sucker punch them

Wouldn’t surprise me m8.

• Like 1

Guess that's a wee bit of football history, first time there has been 8 substitutes in a World Cup game

Lunging challenge. Ryan Jack got sent off for less.

Just now, Ryju84 said:

Lunging challenge. Ryan Jack got sent off for less.

He completely won the ball you can't give that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Might as well be watching Baseball. Expected so much more from Spain, but they’ve been asleep from the off. 

I don't think they're asleep. I think they're all over-coached in to playing the same rigid style of football. Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass. Where's the freedom to just play football? Take your man on and make something happen. There's been arguments that Russia are parking the bus but it's the slow build up play of Spain that's progressively forcing the Russians to get deeper and deeper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I don't think they're asleep. I think they're all over-coached in to playing the same rigid style of football. Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass. Where's the freedom to just play football? Take your man on and make something happen. There's been arguments that Russia are parking the bus but it's the slow build up play of Spain that's progressively forcing the Russians to get deeper and deeper.

Rodrigo just opened them a bit.

Commentary team. "There's a danger they'll tiky-taka themselves out the world cup". Quote of the tournament if it happens.

Spain are so so slow. Pass after pass after pass. Why is nobody willing to just have a fucking pop. Even if they get through this I can't see them winning the whole thing. They're just as bad as Germany.

Fair play to Russia who have just kept them at arms length.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Roy of the Rovers no more.

• Like 1

71FF3DAF-EF68-4815-B927-CC8519DD8ADA.jpeg

• Like 4