***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

No that's the second belter my Mrs has come out with 

I see. I thought you meant on the commentary. What's the first? On this thread?

Edit- I've found it. TBF going by the way some of the pundits have gone on have England no won the bloody thing already?

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Like they did in the group stages? Aye?

Usual nonsense on here about Spain and Barcelona when people base how exciting they are on the odd game against teams that park the bus and don't want to venture into the opposition side of the park.

Best game of the tournament included Spain.

Aye because they were thrilling against Iran and Morocco. The only exciting parts of those games were when they were getting attacked.

They have little width, no movement up front, no penetrating runs in behind etc. They passed the ball from side to side today as if it was a dead rubber of a game.

They looked better under Lopetegui tbf but they got rightly punished for their performance today. They were shocking.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

I see. I thought you meant on the commentary. What's the first? On this thread?

She asked if that was England In the final cause Spain went out on penalties to Russia :lol:

I said no and she said is that not how it works lol 

Have to say I've been very impressed by that referee this tournament. The modern day Perluigi Collina IMO. He no doubt commands a bit more respect from the players than other refs by the fact he's a big cunt but it's more than that. He allows the game to flow without stop-starting with shitey pernickety fouls.

7 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Aye because they were thrilling against Iran and Morocco. The only exciting parts of those games were when they were getting attacked.

They have little width, no movement up front, no penetrating runs in behind etc. They passed the ball from side to side today as if it was a dead rubber of a game.

They looked better under Lopetegui tbf but they got rightly punished for their performance today. They were shocking.

Their style is both their strength and their weakness,if it's played effectively it's impossible to play against but when it's not working it's too easy just to make another square pass and for individuals to hide in the system similar to what happened at Rangers with Warburton.

26 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

She asked if that was England In the final cause Spain went out on penalties to Russia :lol:

I said no and she said is that not how it works lol 

if she keeps that up she could be inline for a pundits job on the BBC Scotland

2 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

if she keeps that up she could be inline for a pundits job on the BBC Scotland

Wouldn't be surprised if Sportscene introduced it, then again they've enough fannys on there.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Why's he not catching that!

I agree he should have but if a keeper ever decides to punch it that's exactly how it should be done. Throw in to the opposition on the half way line that they play back to their defence. I'm guessing he just wanted something to do.

1 minute ago, wullyRFC said:

SD selling tshirts with Auf Wiedersehen and a Germany flag. Cannae wait till they're going home on Tuesday 

I do not know why they think Germany and England are rivals it is like Hibs thinking they are rivals of us

Been watching Jonas Knudsen take long throws for Ipswich for the last 3 years and not one has ever come to anything (except we conceded from one once.) Plays his first game for Denmark at the World Cup and they score from one in the first minute :lol: 

Archived