***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

I know the penalty shoot outs in the 2 matches there was good viewing but that extra time is a fucking waste of time now. Think they should either bring back the golden goal or get rid of entirely. Players are out on their arse after 95mins anyway.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I know the penalty shoot outs in the 2 matches there was good viewing but that extra time is a fucking waste of time now. Think they should either bring back the golden goal or get rid of entirely. Players are out on their arse after 95mins anyway.

Golden goal was fun. Because teams tried like fuck to get it.

Was there a thing as "silver goal"? If you scored before half time in extra time the game ended at that 15 minute mark?

I may have been drunk or dreaming.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This place is mental at times, nowhere near DDG.

Must be the poor WC that is maybe clouding some of the judgment.

De Gea is world class and is the best keeper in the world IMO. He is however gash at Pens whereas Kasper is a average keeper all round but excellent at Pens.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Must be the poor WC that is maybe clouding some of the judgment.

De Gea is world class and is the best keeper in the world IMO. He is however gash at Pens whereas Kasper is a average keeper all round but excellent at Pens.

Thought everyone rated DDG? 

For me he's better than neuer. 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Thought everyone rated DDG? 

For me he's better than neuer. 

Think they do although he has been slated in this tournament, admittedly his form in the WC has been woeful but his standard is usually always excellent.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Think they do although he has been slated in this tournament, admittedly his form in the WC has been woeful but his standard is usually always excellent.

I'd hoesntly say bar Modric I don't really think anyone has stood out. People have raved about it but I think it's been poor.

Suppose you could say kane and lukaku due to.their goals.

Apologies if already commented on, I've been away all week. McCoist being hailed as a co-commentator / pundit. It was my misfortune to briefly hear  him on Talksport the other day & he kept calling Ian Abrahams "The Moosh". FS.

22 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'd hoesntly say bar Modric I don't really think anyone has stood out. People have raved about it but I think it's been poor.

Suppose you could say kane and lukaku due to.their goals.

I think for me in terms of the big names no one has really shone bar Ronaldo in the Spain game.

I'm the opposite really, this is the first World Cup I have enjoyed since France 98 when I was just a boy. Don't know why but the shock results and some games like France Argies and Spain Portugal have been a great watch.

I usually detest these international tournaments

6 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

Golden goal was fun. Because teams tried like fuck to get it.

Was there a thing as "silver goal"? If you scored before half time in extra time the game ended at that 15 minute mark?

I may have been drunk or dreaming.

Silver goal meant you would win the game on the half the goal is scored on.

I’m sure both got scraped because teams went more cautious/defensive rather than going all out.

Just now, Band of Brothers said:

Going Mexico for this one possibly highest scoring game in a while 4-3 I'm going for.

Would be the tied highest scoring game in the last 2 days..

Archived