***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Mexico front 3 look bright against shaky Brazil back line

Getting some good space but then do fuck all with it.

Brazil turning it on now.

Was waiting on Ally commenting on Mexico leaving 3 up at a corner. Ooops spoke to soon ???

Just now, Band of Brothers said:

Getting some good space but then do fuck all with it.

Brazil turning it on now.

Was waiting on Ally commenting on Mexico leaving 3 up at a corner. Ooops spoke to soon ???

Aye they're just lacking that final ball in the final 3rd with a little bit of indecision. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Aye they're just lacking that final ball in the final 3rd with a little bit of indecision. 

They have had 3/4 really good chances from the diagnol ball and as you say indecision as probably thinking fuck where do I run or do I shoot ?

1 minute ago, Band of Brothers said:

They have had 3/4 really good chances from the diagnol ball and as you say indecision as probably thinking fuck where do I run or do I shoot ?

Brazil absolutely there for the taking. Just can't see them winning it (the whole thing, or even today).......

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Brazil absolutely there for the taking. Just can't see them winning it (the whole thing, or even today).......

The Mexicans should batter that LB he is like a statue. Swap there wingers and see if they have more luck. 

I agree I don't see that as a Brazil WC winning team.

4 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

The Mexicans should batter that LB he is like a statue. Swap there wingers and see if they have more luck. 

I agree I don't see that as a Brazil WC winning team.

The only thing that still gives them a chance is I just don't see a stand out team and a few of their better players like Jesus and Willian haven't really turned up but even if they do, they're not exactly Ronaldo, Rivaldo or Ronaldinho! 

It is so open, pretty much anyone can win it. The big nations are weaker and the lesser nations are a little better. Makes it a bit more interesting and exciting as all games are quite unpredictable. That said I just don't fancy Brazil. They rely so much on Neymar who himself is very hit and miss............

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The only thing that still gives them a chance is I just don't see a stand out team and a few of their better players like Jesus and Willian haven't really turned up but even if they do, they're not exactly Ronaldo, Rivaldo or Ronaldinho! 

It is so open, pretty much anyone can win it. The big nations are weaker and the lesser nations are a little better. Makes it a bit more interesting and exciting as all games are quite unpredictable. That said I just don't fancy Brazil. They rely so much on Neymar who himself is very hit and miss............

I think the "lesser" nations have improved massively and the bigger nations dont really have the individual players they used to... or maybe the game has just turned more tactical? 

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I tend to agree, even though I have cash on them to win it.

They have as good a chance as any but I just can't see it IMO. They probably have the worst run too with possibly Mexico, Belgium and France to face just to get to the final. So many countries will never have a better chance of winning a World Cup.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

They have as good a chance as any but I just can't see it IMO. They probably have the worst run too with possibly Mexico, Belgium and France to face just to get to the final. So many countries will never have a better chance of winning a World Cup.

Im beginning to think that England might win it.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Im beginning to think that England might win it.

Personally I think Colombia will beat them but if they can get through that then it really is game on. Kane can and will score against them so Colombia will need at least 2. Like most nations, defence is their weakness. On paper I thought Pique, Ramos and De Gea, supplemented by the likes of Alba, Busquets, Carvajal were as good as it got. Never quite worked out though!

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Personally I think Colombia will beat them but if they can get through that then it really is game on. Kane can and will score against them so Colombia will need at least 2. Like most nations, defence is their weakness. On paper I thought Pique, Ramos and De Gea, supplemented by the likes of Alba, Busquets, Carvajal were as good as it got. Never quite worked out though!

Predicting how this WC will play out hasnt really worked for me, to be honest, so Im just gonna enjoy it being completely unpredictable :lol: 

Archived