Jump to content
Laudrup1984

***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

Recommended Posts


31 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

803c899a3467a8bf4831ead7af195205.thumb.jpg.04c0c4f0c1d165a011cd654503dfb4a5.jpg

Mon the Croats! 

Fine big handsome bastard and decent singer too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

If I'm taking a penalty that's exactly how I would take it but the really good players, as we've seen in the world cup group stages, wait for the keeper to move then place the ball in the opposite corner. It gives me the fear but the guys who are a level above can pull it off.

I think I'm right in saying you're not allowed to stop your run up...so he was taking a chance if I'm right. Luckily for him he only just kept moving! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

If I'm taking a penalty that't exactly how I would take it but the really good players, as we've seen in the world cup group stages, wait for the keeper to move then place the ball in the opposite corner. It gives me the fear but the guys who are a level above can pull it off.

I just think it's daft. You see a lot of players miss, as they get caught in two minds, get their feet tangled, stuck underneath them and end up looking like dicks. If it comes off they look great but I just don't get it. You are right though. The Dane player panicked and shot too early and poorly. He just had to show a split second more patience and then just dink it to the opposite side.

Alan Shearer and Harry Kane are how pens should be taken IMO. Smash it in the top bin. No keeper is saving them..............

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the few who can start-stop and hit a good penalty is Balotelli. In fact at some point he was so good i thought he would never miss one, but he did miss a few still. But yes, smash it in the top corner, keep it as far away from the keeper as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Fuck right off before I stomp on yer bawsack in my heels.

Football is finished now so I can get back to this shite.

What triggered the threat of violence? Was it pointing out that Niko is no longer a Rangers player? Totally uncalled for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I think I'm right in saying you're not allowed to stop your run up...so he was taking a chance if I'm right. Luckily for him he only just kept moving! 

You can't stop but you can stutter the run as long as you keep moving.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I just think it's daft. You see a lot of players miss, as they get caught in two minds, get their feet tangled, stuck underneath them and end up looking like dicks. If it comes off they look great but I just don't get it. You are right though. The Dane player panicked and shot too early and poorly. He just had to show a split second more patience and then just dink it to the opposite side.

Alan Shearer and Harry Kane are how pens should be taken IMO. Smash it in the top bin. No keeper is saving them..............

If done well it isn't daft. The one's who miss, miss for the exact reasons you've said. I don't think it's about looking great though. I genuinely believe the players who execute it well know what they are doing and can go either side depending on which side the keeper dives. The players who don't execute it well are the players who try to emulate the greats but end up either fucking it or scoring more through luck. Personally I'd pick a side and stick with it but there's definitely players good enough to wait until the keeper moves then can accurately place the ball either side at the last moment.

Aye Kane's penalties were crackers. Unstoppable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, barkie said:

Dry the tears of joy when England win

Lol. They will get pumped off Columbia then the fans will start the usual riots and the Russians will kick fuck out them. Cant wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You can't stop but you can stutter the run as long as you keep moving.

If done well it isn't daft. The one's who miss, miss for the exact reasons you've said. I don't think it's about looking great though. I genuinely believe the players who execute it well know what they are doing and can go either side depending on which side the keeper dives. The players who don't execute it well are the players who try to emulate the greats but end up either fucking it or scoring more through luck. Personally I'd pick a side and stick with it but there's definitely players good enough to wait until the keeper moves then can accurately place the ball either side at the last moment.

Aye Kane's penalties were crackers. Unstoppable.

I just think that with all that pressure on you it would be so much easier to know what you're doing beforehand, hit the ball cleanly and trust your technique. It should be easier for a professional player to hit the top corner rather than shooting at the very last split second. And if the keeper stands tall when you try the stutter run up your body shape might be in a more unnatural position limiting you to where you can possibly hit it and how much pace you can put on it. Sometimes you can't quite hit it as cleanly as you would like. Obviously i'm not an elite footballer though but I just think you're more likely to miss taking pens with the stutter run up.

Personally I think some do actually try the stutter run up to look cool and show off. I also still think it's stupid. I hope every player who tries it misses! ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

but they are held back by Sturgeon managing them

Or not managing them, as the case may be .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wullyRFC said:

Lol. They will get pumped off Columbia then the fans will start the usual riots and the Russians will kick fuck out them. Cant wait.

Aye well you jog on and support your wee fenian Croatian or Columbian team then big mass at your house when then win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I just think it's daft. You see a lot of players miss, as they get caught in two minds, get their feet tangled, stuck underneath them and end up looking like dicks. If it comes off they look great but I just don't get it. You are right though. The Dane player panicked and shot too early and poorly. He just had to show a split second more patience and then just dink it to the opposite side.

Alan Shearer and Harry Kane are how pens should be taken IMO. Smash it in the top bin. No keeper is saving them..............

100% bang on....if you have the ability then hit them like shearer and kane as you don't save them....on a side note if I were a goalie just now I wouldn't dive...their is one helluva fixiation for hiting the ball down the middle....I honestly lost count today how many players did it today....that ain't skill, that is just a gamble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, barkie said:

Aye well you jog on and support your wee fenian Croatian or Columbian team then big mass at your house when then win. 

ABE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hammer93 said:

100% bang on....if you have the ability then hit them like shearer and kane as you don't save them....on a side note if I were a goalie just now I wouldn't dive...their is one helluva fixiation for hiting the ball down the middle....I honestly lost count today how many players did it today....that ain't skill, that is just a gamble. 

Statistically it is the most successful method for scoring a pen. Not in this world Cup mind you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

Lol. They will get pumped off Columbia then the fans will start the usual riots and the Russians will kick fuck out them. Cant wait.

That's the risk you take when you qualify for finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the penalty shoot outs in the 2 matches there was good viewing but that extra time is a fucking waste of time now. Think they should either bring back the golden goal or get rid of entirely. Players are out on their arse after 95mins anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I know the penalty shoot outs in the 2 matches there was good viewing but that extra time is a fucking waste of time now. Think they should either bring back the golden goal or get rid of entirely. Players are out on their arse after 95mins anyway.

Golden goal was fun. Because teams tried like fuck to get it.

Was there a thing as "silver goal"? If you scored before half time in extra time the game ended at that 15 minute mark?

 

I may have been drunk or dreaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

should just announce a player from each team to square go after 90 minutes 

Watch England draft in Anthony Joshua in their team of 23, just to come on after 90 minutes...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Watch England draft in Anthony Joshua in their team of 23, just to come on after 90 minutes...

ivanovic would smash him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Goosetav said:

He's not better than De Gea ffs :lol: 

This place is mental at times, nowhere near DDG.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This place is mental at times, nowhere near DDG.

Must be the poor WC that is maybe clouding some of the judgment.

De Gea is world class and is the best keeper in the world IMO. He is however gash at Pens whereas Kasper is a average keeper all round but excellent at Pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Must be the poor WC that is maybe clouding some of the judgment.

De Gea is world class and is the best keeper in the world IMO. He is however gash at Pens whereas Kasper is a average keeper all round but excellent at Pens.

Thought everyone rated DDG? 

For me he's better than neuer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Thought everyone rated DDG? 

For me he's better than neuer. 

Think they do although he has been slated in this tournament, admittedly his form in the WC has been woeful but his standard is usually always excellent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×