***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Southgate. Seems a decent guy. I like that he's trying a different formation, he's wiling to put his faith on youth, he's one of the few who seem to work on set pieces and if he's going to fail at least he's going to do it his way.

However IMO, he needs to learn from his mistakes. IMO they can't keep starting with what appears to be his best starting 11. A few tweaks and they have a real chance..........

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

I like Southgate. Seems a decent guy. I like that he's trying a different formation, he's wiling to put his faith on youth, he's one of the few who seem to work on set pieces and if he's going to fail at least he's going to do it his way.

However IMO, he needs to learn from his mistakes. IMO they can't keep starting with what appears to be his best starting 11. A few tweaks and they have a real chance..........

Subs aside I think he is doing a really good job. Like the system and seems to have the players playing for him. Sweeden away from a world cup semi finals. Cant grumble at that.

I genuinely worry that England lifting this World Cup would be a massive lift for the Scottish Nazi Party.

By far the majority of Scots don't want it to happen, and when its inevitably rammed down their throats it will create a surge in anti English feeling.

Apart from that, I don't really care, though I think it would be a huge anti climax if England, Sweden or even Russia win it. (not for them though obviously)

Croatia for me hopefully. They've impressed me the most.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I think i've sent that to half the cunts on my friends list on FB

I could live with this 

It would make a hell of a lot of our enemies sick

Ofcourse some  Rangers fans too .Too fucking bad 

2 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

I genuinely worry that England lifting this World Cup would be a massive lift for the Scottish Nazi Party.

By far the majority of Scots don't want it to happen, and when its inevitably rammed down their throats it will create a surge in anti English feeling.

I also thought this too tbf 

I absolutely can't stand the arrogance in the English media 

1 minute ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

Apart from that, I don't really care, though I think it would be a huge anti climax if England, Sweden or even Russia win it. (not for them though obviously)

Totally agree, England are not the best team and they don’t look like they can get better.

Just now, Goosetav said:

Subs aside I think he is doing a really good job. Like the system and seems to have the players playing for him. Sweeden away from a world cup semi finals. Cant grumble at that.

I like the formation. Personally I just think Dele looks like he's not 100%, and i've not been overly impressed with Lingard and Sterling. I think there's also a shout for Rose instead of Young. And maybe even Walker RWB and bringing Dier or Cahill into the 3. The last few less so but they just lack a bit of creativity up top. If they can just feed Kane more he'll score more often than not. They need more from Dele, Lingard and Sterling IMO. 

I guess you could argue though that they've got to the quarter finals, won a penalty shoot out all without looking amazing in any of their games.

5 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

Fuck them.

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If he did somehow win it he would be aswell retiring because he is never going to top it ?

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

I like the formation. Personally I just think Dele looks like he's not 100%, and i've not been overly impressed with Lingard and Sterling. I think there's also a shout for Rose instead of Young. And maybe even Walker RWB and bringing Dier or Cahill into the 3. The last few less so but they just lack a bit of creativity up top. If they can just feed Kane more he'll score more often than not. They need more from Dele, Lingard and Sterling IMO. 

I guess you could argue though that they've got to the quarter finals, won a penalty shoot out all without looking amazing in any of their games.

I like Lingard, think he suits that formation. Agree with Rose but think Trippier has been their best player alongside Maguire and Kane. If bringing Cahill in I'd be taking Walker straight out.

6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He wouldn't have expected to be near this position at all less than two years ago only happened with Allardyce fucking up 

Not sure about his abilities overall but he's having a good go and already done better than the last couple of attempts 

Archived