***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Hahaha can’t believe I’m responding to this. 

England 6-1 Panama

England 2-1 Tunisia courtesy of a 94th minute goal. 

Like I said when was the last time they beat a smaller team like that ( like they beat Panama incase it’s that’s too hard to understand). 

Christ stop getting your fanny in a twist mate. 

I want to see England do well but they're going on like it's some remarkable achievement getting to where they are. The only proper quality side they've faced so far is Belgium in a game that didn't matter that much. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I want to see England do well but they're going on like it's some remarkable achievement getting to where they are. The only proper quality side they've faced so far is Belgium in a game that didn't matter that much. 

They can only beat what's in front of them, it's been an easier route because bigger teams went out earlier or didn't qualify at all 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

I don't disagree at all.

Yeah so I don't think there's any reason for them to not get excited. It'll be their best World Cup run since 1990 and are getting further than a much hyped golden generation managed at several tournament attempts 

8 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

You can talk about the draw all you want but if you said 3 weeks ago England would be in the last 4 everyone would be saying it was a remarkable achievement 

9 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It is a remarkable achievement in tournament football you can literally only beat what’s in front of you. They’ve been nowhere near a semi final in a good few decades and if they only have to beat one top team (France) so be it. 

Anyone complaining about commentators/ pundits getting excited, they were the same when Wales reached the semis in the Euros. 

They probably would be the same if Scotland reached the semis of a major tournament. 

It's their nation going through to the semis after years of under achievement, it's no wonder they are buzzing. 

The only hate between the home nations comes from our side of the border. 

I hope they do it, the same way I hoped Wales would make the final in 2016,they are British and probably have more in common with me than nearly half of Scotland. 

Archived