***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I don't hate England at all, quite simply the media and all the bandwagon jumpers on UK TV have simply ruined any impartial coverage since the second round.

The pundits are all English people and former England players but you expect them to be impartial? Why not watch on an American stream or something if you want impartial coverage 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I don't hate England at all, quite simply the media and all the bandwagon jumpers on UK TV have simply ruined any impartial coverage since the second round.

It would be exactly the same in Scotland Northern Ireland ROI or Wales.In Russia for example their exploits have been lauded morning noon and night...and why not.England arrived at the WC with low expectations so let them enjoy their day in the sun

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

Don't watch it then...I wonder what your moniker would make of your opinions..??..I can imagine Terry Hurlock being delighted with how well his Countrymen are performing..??..

England as a national team have nothing to do with my support for England, or any countries players - playing for Rangers. I'm sorry but I just cannot support England, nothing against their players at all.

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Why would people on UK TV be impartial when it comes to a team from the UK against teams who aren't ya fucking numpty

Just now, Goosetav said:

Why would people on UK TV be impartial when it comes to a team from the UK against teams who aren't ya fucking numpty

When I'm watching Russia v Croatia, for example ITV with 50 mins of a 1 hour slot pre match build up all about England. Not good enough for a WC QF coverage.

12 hours ago, bluedylan said:

It would be exactly the same in Scotland Northern Ireland ROI or Wales.In Russia for example their exploits have been lauded morning noon and night...and why not.England arrived at the WC with low expectations so let them enjoy their day in the sun

i think every competing country gets carried away on a wave of euphoria 

.Part of the magic that makes the world cup the greatest show on earth .

something that we forget quickly after the tournament finishes. 

the last world cup was for me awesome but seems to have been forgotten when this world cup is compared to great tournaments of the past 

On 08/07/2018 at 18:24, MVRanger said:

There is something wrong with the format of the tournament when beating Tunisia, Panama, Colombia and Sweden gets a team to the semi-final stage. At least Croatia should provide some level of challenge.

It's not something new though is it? Throughout the 32 team era WC there have been many examples of teams who have got to the semi final by not playing some of the major guns. Brazil (1998) beat Scotland, Morocco, Chile & Denmark. Turkey (2002) beat China, Japan & Senegal to get there. Italy (2006) to reach their semi beat Ghana, Czech Rep., Australia & Ukraine. Uruguay (2010) beat South Africa, Mexico, Ghana & South Korea to get to a semi final. 

Can we really blame England (and Croatia for the matter) for Germany (who they would have faced in the QF) making a complete howling arse of it? Did any one predict that? Also did anyone predict Spain losing out in the last 16 to Russia pre tournament? Most people would have had Germany v Spain as the semi final in this side of the draw regardless of whether Belgium or England finished first or second in that group!

Archived