***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wankfest now over Mbappe who had a good game for me and a solid world cup so far...eejits saying he is going to dominate football for the next 10 odd years like Messi or Ronaldo is way premature.Lets see how he fairs in a strong league in the coming years

5 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Wankfest now over Mbappe who had a good game for me and a solid world cup so far...eejits saying he is going to dominate football for the next 10 odd years like Messi or Ronaldo is way premature.Lets see how he fairs in a strong league in the coming years

He was very good apart from time wasting which I find annoying and was good to see pogba tell his team mates enough as just adds to time added on.

6 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

That’s the thing, unless he comes to England he won’t be in a strong league.

PSG, Munich, Barca, Madrid they are pretty much assured of possession, win most weeks etc so he will continue to dominate the way he is.

14 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Do they still use VAR in these later rounds? Funny, I can't seem to remember it being needed when all the diving cheating cunts are eliminated! :lol: 

they pack it away once the South American teams are eliminated

France have been the steadiest team throughtout the tournament. Not once have they looked like losing. Solid at the back, well balanced midfield and two or three world class players to top it off. They'd be worthy winners if they beat Croatia or England.

12 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That’s the thing, unless he comes to England he won’t be in a strong league.

PSG, Munich, Barca, Madrid they are pretty much assured of possession, win most weeks etc so he will continue to dominate the way he is.

:lol: 

Mental.

10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Really? England is the only league where at the start you have 4-6 teams who could mount a challenge and win. 

What other league do you have that in Europe? 

As has been posted above, Man City ran away with the league last season. There hasn't been an actual title race in England since 2013/14. At the start of the season you could argue there are 3 teams who could win Serie A next year - Juve, Napoli and Inter. There are 3 teams who could win La Liga - Real, Barca and Atleti. 

To suggest Mbappe has to come to England to actually prove himself as a footballer or give himself a challenge is just simply untrue. 

I don't have a problem with England doing well in the World Cup , but my god their media makes it difficult.

I usually listen to R5 live when I work from home. From 1st thing this morning it's been blanket coverage with some of the most tenuous links. I don't care what the players schoolfriends are thinking, I don't care if you've left your wife and sold your mother to pay for a ticket, or if Kieran Trippier was competitive when playing ping pong.....:anger:

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

4-6 teams ??

When did Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool last win titles?

Each year its a 1/2 horse race in England.

Man City this year, Chelsea last year, Leicester the year before. That's 3 different horses according to my maths.

Archived