***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Beat 3 times and home as hero’s!  :lol:  

Freedom of Bury for Trippier.  Fuck sake get a grip.

Two glorified friendlys and a semi final defeat, not saying the players are hero’s but it’s a decent result from a young squad not expected to do anything. Can talk about who we’ve played but we’ve beat a Columbia team who before the game every non English football fan was saying we’re much better than England, and Sweden who qualified out of their group ahead of Germany and stopped Italy even getting to the World Cup. 

We won’t be like Wales and have an open top bus parade for reaching the semis, but who wouldn’t be happy to see their nation in a World Cup semi final and dreaming (no matter how unrealistic) of what they could achieve? The desperation to put down a young inexperienced team who have outdone all expectation from non English fans is ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

When’s boyata coming on to shore up that defence ?

Belgium can’t afford to make mistakes 

Brenda's been on the blower giving instructions that his £50m defender should not be risked.

2 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Two glorified friendlys and a semi final defeat, not saying the players are hero’s but it’s a decent result from a young squad not expected to do anything. Can talk about who we’ve played but we’ve beat a Columbia team who before the game every non English football fan was saying we’re much better than England, and Sweden who qualified out of their group ahead of Germany and stopped Italy even getting to the World Cup. 

We won’t be like Wales and have an open top bus parade for reaching the semis, but who wouldn’t be happy to see their nation in a World Cup semi final and dreaming (no matter how unrealistic) of what they could achieve? The desperation to put down a young inexperienced team who have outdone all expectation from non English fans is ridiculous. 

Look mate I’ve absolutely nothing against the English national team, believe me, but the love in is way way over the top for how they’ve played and who they’ve played against.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Look mate I’ve absolutely nothing against the English national team, believe me, but the love in is way way over the top for how they’ve played and who they’ve played against.

Didnt mean to make it sound personal, and I fully agree some people have gone way over the top. But I still think that a young inexperienced team deserve credit for getting further than any England team (and probably much better ones) have done for 28 years. It was nice to at least be able to dream for once.

Archived