***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

To be fair it wasn't VAR that gave the decision. 

Agree, but for me goes to show why it doesn’t work. I can understand it for decisions that are black and white but that all down to opinions and even after all of it most people will still think the ref got it wrong, goes against everything it was supposed to sort out.

1 minute ago, Bristol loyal said:

Agree, but for me goes to show why it doesn’t work. I can understand it for decisions that are black and white but that all down to opinions and even after all of it most people will still think the ref got it wrong, goes against everything it was supposed to sort out.

Not really the ref made a howling arse of that it is the technologies fault.

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Not really the ref made a howling arse of that it is the technologies fault.

No but for something that was supposed to stop refs mistakes it hasn’t really done it’s job there has it? Offsides and goal line decisions I can see it’s use just not for something that’s subjective like that.

2 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

don't mind who wins...as long as either (or both) score a penalty!!  that's the only bet i got on this one

good start...£35 back...c'mon Croatia...score one and another £55

Never a penalty and that hopeless arsehole has burst my coupon ? maybe if refs had to refund all of us for poor decisions we'd see some better refereeing.  Garlic munching cheese breathing workshy bicycle riding surrender monkeys!

Whether you think it was or wasn’t I kinda feel bad for the ref because I think that’s a pretty hard decision to make. Don’t think it’s a “ridiculous” call even if it’s possibly the wrong one. 

1 minute ago, Alendrin said:

called a penalty before var, hand moves in an unnatural way towards the ball, correct call

you do realise he had 0.003 seconds to to readjust his arm to handle the ball after it came off the attacker?

(not a pen for me...in case you were in doubt)

Archived