***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said earlier think it’s the best World Cup I’ve seen in my lifetime and brilliantly hosted by the Russians, know lads who’ve been out there and only got good things to say! 

Think it was a deserved win for the French in the end who looked very good, enjoyed the shocks along the way made for a very competitive tournament and at one point was anyone’s guess who could win! Got to see England in a semi final and 45 mins away from the final which is more than I ever thought I would see in my lifetime! 

All over now and onto the new season and hopefully 55! ??

24 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Probably the most exciting World Cup in my life time. 

Only one goalless draw and plenty of big shocks!

I had a pre tournament bet of a goal in every game (100-1). France/Denmark turned out to be the only 1 in 64 games that was goalless I think! Haha

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

As I said earlier think it’s the best World Cup I’ve seen in my lifetime and brilliantly hosted by the Russians, know lads who’ve been out there and only got good things to say! 

Think it was a deserved win for the French in the end who looked very good, enjoyed the shocks along the way made for a very competitive tournament and at one point was anyone’s guess who could win! Got to see England in a semi final and 45 mins away from the final which is more than I ever thought I would see in my lifetime! 

All over now and onto the new season and hopefully 55! ??

I honestly think it was poor overall. 

France won it but bar a couple of games they never really got out of 3rd gear.

I think the quality of the football was pretty shit

I detest international football . But this has been an enjoyable tournament all in all. I didn't watch very game but I did get caught up in English hype and dreams.

The best bit of the entire month was watching Rangers though. As that means so much more than any poxy World Cup..

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I had a pre tournament bet of a goal in every game (100-1). France/Denmark turned out to be the only 1 in 64 games that was goalless I think! Haha

Fucking hell man..unlucky mate 

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fucking hell man..unlucky mate 

I wasn't really expecting it to come up to be honest but it added a bit of interest until then. Most of my world cup bets were terrible. Fuck I had one bet of Messi to outscore Panama, Tunisia, Australia, Iran and Japan. Think I lost by about a dozen haha!

Seen a few had every team over 1.5 goals which I think came up. Would never thought that would have happened with Panama, Saudis etc. Certainly something to consider next time, or focus on pen takers to be their countries top scorers........

On 14/06/2018 at 12:52, BlueAvenger said:

Really looking forward to the World Cup. The winners will come from Brazil, Germany, France or Spain. There will be no outsiders winning it. You heard it here first !!! 

I hate to say it and I'm not one for boasting ?

26 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Fuck sake mate that was unlucky. I had Mbappe at 40-1 player for Player of the Tournament..Fuckin robbed !! 

13 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Just read there Chelsea had the chance to sign Mbappe for £17000 when he was younger. Unbelievable to think they also had De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku.

City had a £40million bid rejected for him a few seasons ago too.

Archived