***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Oh man, I don't know how long you've been on here but it used to be ridiculous. Cunts saying Xabi Alonso and Javi Martinez were better and stuff. 

I remember someone came back with a belter that went long the lines of: ‘Sergio Busquets - people on here trying to be a wee bit clever, we bit different. Half the SPL couldnae get a beach ball off him in a phone box’’

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I remember someone came back with a belter that went long the lines of: ‘Sergio Busquets - people on here trying to be a wee bit clever, we bit different. Half the SPL couldnae get a beach ball off him in a phone box’’

:lol: Yeah, I remember that. I think it was papaguy.

13 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Really? They didn't win at all in the groups and he scored once in the knockout stages. I (maybe unfairly, I don't know) remember him being pretty average.

He scored 3 overall and dragged a very average side to the final

The game last night will be remembered as one of the best played at any finals. You will see plenty high scoring draws at any level of football but the quality seen last night was unreal. Maybe the best international ive seen since France v West gemany in the 82 finals.

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

The game last night will be remembered as one of the best played at any finals. You will see plenty high scoring draws at any level of football but the quality seen last night was unreal. Maybe the best international ive seen since France v West gemany in the 82 finals.

Some of Spain's football was a different level.

Incredible how comfortable every player is on the ball.

17 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Some of Spain's football was a different level.

Incredible how comfortable every player is on the ball.

Aye, the way they were playing for a long spell in the 2nd half made me think that they may as well give them the trophy now.

Archived