Jump to content
Laudrup1984

***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

Recommended Posts

Sterling the only natural wide midfielder in the squad. 

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley).

Defenders: Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Manchester City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Sterling the only natural wide midfielder in the squad. 

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley).

Defenders: Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Manchester City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

What a shit squad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

What a shit squad 

They're lucky they've got a piss easy group. Never getting past the last 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England squad probably the weakest ever thats went to a tournament.

Those forward:megaanguish:kane vardy apart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walker will be played in a back 3 apparently. Think they're likely to go something like:

Pickford,

Walker, Stones, Jones,

Trippier, Lingard, Dier, Rose,

Sterling, Kane, Alli. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should've called up Ramsey as well, beyond me why he's not there with them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Should've called up Ramsey as well, beyond me why he's not there with them

Aye, why didn't they call up Antti Niemi while they were at it? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Aye, why didn't they call up Antti Niemi while they were at it? xD

He's retired and Finnish(ed) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Should've called up Ramsey as well, beyond me why he's not there with them

Because he’s Welsh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Think I will purchase the new England top with Gerrard on the back.

Should have an England day at Ibrox. 

That will flush out the Nats in our support pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

France squad:

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur), Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Alphonse Areola (Paris Saint-Germain)

Defenders: Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid), Presnel Kimpembe (Paris Saint-Germain), Benjamin Mendy (Manchester City), Benjamin Pavard (Stuttgart), Adil Rami (Marseille), Djibril Sidibe (Monaco), Samuel Umtiti (Barcelona), Raphael Varane (Real Madrid)

Midfielders: N'Golo Kante (Chelsea), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus), Steven N'Zonzi (Sevilla), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich)

Forwards: Ousmane Dembele (Barcelona), Nabil Fekir (Lyon), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Thomas Lemar (Monaco), Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain), Florian Thauvin (Marseille)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

France squad:

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur), Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Alphonse Areola (Paris Saint-Germain)

Defenders: Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid), Presnel Kimpembe (Paris Saint-Germain), Benjamin Mendy (Manchester City), Benjamin Pavard (Stuttgart), Adil Rami (Marseille), Djibril Sidibe (Monaco), Samuel Umtiti (Barcelona), Raphael Varane (Real Madrid)

Midfielders: N'Golo Kante (Chelsea), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus), Steven N'Zonzi (Sevilla), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich)

Forwards: Ousmane Dembele (Barcelona), Nabil Fekir (Lyon), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Thomas Lemar (Monaco), Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain), Florian Thauvin (Marseille)

They must have called up the wrong dembele 😂😂😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2018 at 21:08, Laudrup1984 said:

 

 

Screenshot_2018-05-18-04-43-50.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nainggolan left out the Belgium squad :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Nainggolan left out the Belgium squad :lol: 

Bizarre.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nainggolan retired from international football now.

Mind boggling that Fellaini is in but not him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spain Squad

 

Goalkeepers: David De Gea (Manchester United), Pepe Reina (Napoli), Kepa (Athletic Bilbao)

Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Nacho (all Real Madrid), Jordi Alba, Gerard Pique (both Barcelona), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Odriozola (Real Sociedad)

Midfield: Sergio Busquets, Andres Iniesta (both Barcelona) Saúl, Koke (both Atletico), Thiago (Bayern) David Silva (Manchester City),
Isco, Marco Asensio, Lucas Vázquez (all Real Madrid)

Forward: Iago Aspas (Celta), Rodrigo (Valencia), Diego Costa (Atletico)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MasterD said:

Spain Squad

 

Goalkeepers: David De Gea (Manchester United), Pepe Reina (Napoli), Kepa (Athletic Bilbao)

Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Nacho (all Real Madrid), Jordi Alba, Gerard Pique (both Barcelona), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Odriozola (Real Sociedad)

Midfield: Sergio Busquets, Andres Iniesta (both Barcelona) Saúl, Koke (both Atletico), Thiago (Bayern) David Silva (Manchester City),
Isco, Marco Asensio, Lucas Vázquez (all Real Madrid)

Forward: Iago Aspas (Celta), Rodrigo (Valencia), Diego Costa (Atletico)

Monreal in ahead of Alonso :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Nainggolan left out the Belgium squad :lol: 

 

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Bizarre.

 

Wit the fuck :lol:

He's been unreal for them this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boyata in the squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far 6 SPL players taking part:

Lustig, Arnason, Boyata, Rogic, Gamboa and Alves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Monreal in ahead of Alonso :lol: 

Monreal > Alonso :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×