Laudrup1984

***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Messi's contribution to Argentina has generally been under rated throughout his career. Been anonymous this tournament though, looks like he can't be fucked which is odd.

The people of Argentina outside of his hometown have never really showed the love for him like Maradona gets, perhaps it has a lot to do with him leaving his homeland at a very young age

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I don't see any reason to hate him. 

Why don't you Google his quotes on Rangers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Can't believe Argentina were odds on to win this (seen them 10/11) considering who plays for both sides.

I get Argentina have Messi, Aguero, Higuian, Dybala and left a guy like Icardi at home but compared to Croatia they are average as fuck every where else.

Everyone of Croatia's starting 11 apart from Vida play in a top 5 European league. I couldn't tell you half the players in the Argentina starting 11.

Also though, Messi is the only one that's proper top rung, whereas Croatia have two in Modric and Rakitic.

2 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Why don't you Google his quotes on Rangers. 

Anti football?

18 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Tbh Portugal have a team that plays a certain way that allows CR to strut his stuff, he only plays in the last third. Argentina expect Messi to do everything. 

Messi lover. He has done fuck all for tge Argies. Touched the ball 20 times in tge first half, Ronaldo probably touches it less but his impact is there to see. No excuses hes a wee tippy tappy dribbly wank. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Anti football?

Yep 

Just now, Boaby Bear said:

Messi lover. He has done fuck all for tge Argies. Touched the ball 20 times in tge first half, Ronaldo probably touches it less but his impact is there to see. No excuses hes a wee tippy tappy dribbly wank. 

You are a sad individual. 

Why can people not appreciate that we have two of footballs greatest playing at the same time?

• Like 3

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

Yep 

That was DR translation of what he said, not actually what he said. 

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

Yep 

Mm, yeah. Don't know how I sleep at night knowing he said that. 

Just now, dummiesoot said:

You are a sad individual. 

Why can people not appreciate that we have two of footballs greatest playing at the same time?

Cause there is no room for the two best players. Ronaldo imo all day long, hes an all round machine take away Messis dribbling ability and what ya got? 

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

You are a sad individual

Btw no need to get personal. Un called for.

'Messi lover', 'Messi fangirls'. 😆

People appear to reverse back through puberty when the subject is Messi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boaby Bear said:

Cause there is no room for the two best players. Ronaldo imo all day long, hes an all round machine take away Messis dribbling ability and what ya got? 

Fuck sake

3 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Superb passing, vision, control and finishing.

• Like 1

Just now, Inigo said:

Mm, yeah. Don't know how I sleep at night knowing he said that. 

I still sleep at night and I still know he's a wee dick 

• Like 1

Just now, Inigo said:

Superb passing, control and finishing.

Nullified the dribbling tonight and none of this was on show. 

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

I still sleep at night and I still know he's a wee dick 

You're a sensitive wee soul.

3 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

:lol: 

I know folk compare the 2 and their impact on games etc, but I have never ever saw someone claim that Cristiano Ronaldo can pass a ball better than Lionel Messi. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Also though, Messi is the only one that's proper top rung, whereas Croatia have two in Modric and Rakitic.

And they two (with Brozovic) going up against an old Mascherano and Perez in midfield is a complete mis-match!

Just now, psb07158 said:

:lol: 

I know folk compare the 2 and their impact on games etc, but I have never ever saw someone claim that Cristiano Ronaldo can pass a ball better than Lionel Messi. 

Where did i claim this? Clearly making shit up. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I don't know why I'm so surprised, given I watched this Argentina side stumble their way through qualification

No direction, no game plan, no strategy. Nobody makes space for Messi - the team is full of people who want want want the ball. Sampaoli thought he could get away with just putting a few quality players on the pitch and hoping they do something. Can't do that. 

The difference between Ronaldo/Portugal and Messi/Argentina is incredible. Portugal actually play to Ronaldo's strengths - everything rotates around him and, they're solid at the back so when he's having a rare off-day the defence rarely leaks goals. Argentina don't. They rely on Messi massively but don't do enough to support him. 

At Barcelona, every single footballer on the pitch knows they play FOR Messi basically. 

Although to be fair he has genuine world class players around him at Barcelona

1 minute ago, Boaby Bear said:

Nullified the dribbling tonight and none of this was on show. 

I thought we were talking about his career. He clearly has all of those things.

Just now, Inigo said:

You're a sensitive wee soul.

Yep not as sensitive as you probably greeting into your Barca top with Messi on the back watching that world cup performance