***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

As has been posted above, Man City ran away with the league last season. There hasn't been an actual title race in England since 2013/14. At the start of the season you could argue there are 3 teams who could win Serie A next year - Juve, Napoli and Inter. There are 3 teams who could win La Liga - Real, Barca and Atleti. 

To suggest Mbappe has to come to England to actually prove himself as a footballer or give himself a challenge is just simply untrue. 

to be fair mate he plays in France, he will be judged if and when he plays in Spain Italy Germany or England.He has had a good WC and is undoubtedly a great player but people suggesting he is going to dominate world football for the next decade is premature.

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

to be fair mate he plays in France he will be judged if and when he plays in Spain Italy Germany or England.He has had a good WC and is undoubtedly a great player but people suggesting he is going to dominate world football for the next decade is premature.

Don't disagree with any of that mate - just taking issue with people proclaiming the PL as the be-all and end-all in world football. 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Kinda want wee Sterling to score tonight. Huge night for him and England

I've been sticking up for him since before the competition started. Tonight's the night he becomes the HERO.

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I've been sticking up for him since before the competition started. Tonight's the night he becomes the HERO.

I've been a little critical of him if i'm honest (primarily his finishing and final ball at times) but some of the criticism he's received, particularly from the media, and for stuff that has nothing to do with his footballing ability has been outrageous. Hope he does well tonight. You just know if England fail though he'll get it pretty bad.............

Could go either way, this one. 50-50, I'd say. I wonder if England's energy and youthfulness, or Croatia's extra dash of class here and there will shade it?

Great chance for the Saxons to make their second final. 

12 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

The 2 Croatia centre backs will have an absolute shocker of a game. Mark my words.

They've not been great defending set pieces. 

Stones or Maguire to score anytime would be a decent bet

Couldnae give a flying fuck if England or Croatia wins, would be quite funny to see all our greeting faced nationalists reactions though.  But the only thing I care about coming home is the league flag. 

Archived