Our players hanging about with Scott Allan in Dubai..

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don’t blame him, the amount of mongs that have a hard on for tweeting them shite regardless of what they post is ridiculous 

Nah, it’s bad enough the players doing it without their dads joining in. Especially if they’re going to make out that their son can’t be shit because he accidentally scored with his hip. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Nah, it’s bad enough the players doing it without their dads joining in. Especially if they’re going to make out that their son can’t be shit because he accidentally scored with his hip. :lol:

I’d rather they tweeted fuck all but honestly canny blame them, obviously his da’s being a dick with that tweet though

13 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Who gives a fuck. You don't own them 24/7 and it is fuck all of your business.

Hence why they shouldn’t broadcast it to the fans when Allan did what he did.

The players are so far out of touch with the fans I feel like Dave King is more aligned than them.

5 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

This thread made me think of what Rio Ferdinand said in his book. I just looked it up;

“I don’t seem to be able to open up and be real pally with people I’m in direct competition with.

“I felt the tension with England together. If Chelsea had won the league or beaten us in the Cup, I’d be sat with Frank Lampard or John Terry and thinking, ‘Are they fucking laughing at me?’

“Perhaps it’s the dark side of being obsessed with winning – you don’t want to show any weakness.”

That is the prime example of a winning mentality and the types of sacrifices players need to make to be at the top. 

Spot on.

Gerrard is in that mould and I have no doubt that he’ll be looking for players with the same characteristics and wanting to move on anyone that isn’t of that nature....Bye Josh

9 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

This thread made me think of what Rio Ferdinand said in his book. I just looked it up;

“I don’t seem to be able to open up and be real pally with people I’m in direct competition with.

“I felt the tension with England together. If Chelsea had won the league or beaten us in the Cup, I’d be sat with Frank Lampard or John Terry and thinking, ‘Are they fucking laughing at me?’

“Perhaps it’s the dark side of being obsessed with winning – you don’t want to show any weakness.”

That is the prime example of a winning mentality and the types of sacrifices players need to make to be at the top. 

Our players wouldn’t give a fuck if the other players laughed at them. 

They should be used to it by now anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Our players wouldn’t give a fuck if the other players laughed at them. 

They should be used to it by now anyway. 

I'm afraid you are probably right. It is fine to say, "nobody likes us, we don't care" when we are winning cups and leagues. 

When we are dreadful and finishing third we should care - players with the right mentality should be looking at every aspect of their lives...diet, training, who their mates are and making changes to try and find an edge. 

6 minutes ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

Brilliant insight into attitudes of top competitors.