Ireland Knocked Out Of Under 17s Euros

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Commentators are fucking mongos man

One of the most controversial moments in the history of football :lol; 

State of wee Martin too running on at the end and basically doing fuck all. Said a couple of words and effectively shat it!

1 hour ago, Bighouse said:

I cant recall ever seeing a keeper booked for coming off his line let alone in a shoot out?

ROI aside, the ref is probably a traffic warden by day. Takes a certain type of bastard to do that to kids in a penalty shoot out in the biggest game of their life :lol:

'ROI' is correct. It's not a team representing all of Ireland as the rugby and cricket teams do.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=fifa+rules+penaty&rlz=1C1CHZL_enCA741CA741&oq=fifa+rules+penaty&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7226j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

A goal may be scored directly from a penalty kick. The ball must be stationary on the penalty mark. The player taking the penalty kick must be clearly identified. The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until the ball has been kicked.

I've seen refs allow a goalkeeper to take a step to the side while on the goal line when they try to guess what side the kicker will choose. This young guy, however, took two steps toward the kicker before moving to his side.

You either have rules or you don't.

1 hour ago, 72barca said:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=fifa+rules+penaty&rlz=1C1CHZL_enCA741CA741&oq=fifa+rules+penaty&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7226j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

A goal may be scored directly from a penalty kick. The ball must be stationary on the penalty mark. The player taking the penalty kick must be clearly identified. The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until the ball has been kicked.

I've seen refs allow a goalkeeper to take a step to the side while on the goal line when they try to guess what side the kicker will choose. This young guy, however, took two steps toward the kicker before moving to his side.

Is it a bookable offence though ?

44 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Is it a bookable offence though ?

the goalkeeper or a team-mate infringes the Laws of the Game:

if the ball enters the goal, a goal is awarded

if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is retaken; the goalkeeper is cautioned if responsible for the offence

5 hours ago, 72barca said:

You can move along the line as long as you don't encroach towards the kicker. I know it says, ' goalkeeper must remain on the goal line', you can also try and cheat a wee bit by standing behind the line and then stepping up to the line as the kicker advances, that totally confuses everyone! :whistle: