McAllister wants to build from the back

Lloyd

2 hours ago, Siwel said:

Gerrard didn’t sign him Allen did. I’m not criticising I’m just stating the fact. Gerrard hasn’t even started his job yet.

Is Gerrard lining up his backroom staff? How can he do that if he's not officially started yet?

It's simple. Since the day he was announced he's calling the shots. As it should be.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Is Gerrard lining up his backroom staff? How can he do that if he's not officially started yet?

It's simple. Since the day he was announced he's calling the shots. As it should be.

He’s getting them ready so they can come in when he does.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Allen will sign all the players that’s his job. 

So you don’t expect Arfield to play much next season?? 

Allan will make the signings but if there's a player Gerrard wants then we'll go for him IMO.

Likewise if there's a player Allan wants and Gerrard really doesn't then I doubt they'd be signed.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Allan will make the signings but if there's a player Gerrard wants then we'll go for him IMO.

Likewise if there's a player Allan wants and Gerrard really doesn't then I doubt they'd be signed.

Ssshhh that would mean Arfield is a Gerrard signing, we can’t have that. 

11 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Naw mate I'm blaming them for not scoring any goals, please don't tell me you're counting widass's.

If you don’t him credit for being a forward, then there isn’t much credit to give him. 

Plus we really only had one forward all season and that was Mo. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you don’t him credit for being a forward, then there isn’t much credit to give him. 

Plus we really only had one forward all season and that was Mo. 

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying here, am I supposed to credit windass for getting in the way of holts effort, what else did he do when he came on, as for morelos I rest my case, as an aside I wonder what the bookies odds would have been for us scoring 5 and four came from 2 defenders a DM and 2 from holt, I'm still not counting windass's LOL

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

People are too harsh on our defence. They are a good bunch of guys trying their hardest under difficult conditions.

Not sure if this is a piss take or an attempt at a joke. However as I've said before our defence is a fucking joke at the very best and down right shambolic at best.  They may be good guys away from a football field but that means fuck all to me when are shipping the goals we do.  

To fuck with buying attackers this summer let's concentrate on a FULL new defence with backups and take it from their.  Any team we field that contains 1 single player from this lot will never win a title. 

9 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

At last someone in our club recognises the defence needs replaced with players who can actually defend 

TBF, Pedro recognized the problem at the back, brought in Alves and Cardoso, both of whom looked good on paper but were less impressive on the park.  Recognizing the problem is fine, implementing a solution is a whole other matter. 

11 hours ago, Ozblue said:

That's the proper way to build a team; it might be "old fashioned" thinking, but it's the only way to ensure success. The days of when mighty Brazil, and the Hungarian Maygars of Puskas, Grosics, Hidegkuti, Cocsis etc worked on the theory of; If they score six, we score seven, are long gone.

Get a stiff spine right down the middle and you are on your way to winning Leagues and cups; Two hard tackling central defenders who kinow how to defend, along with  a midfield 'destroyer' and we will wipe the floor with the scum.

AND A GOALKEEPER,!!!

12 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

At last someone in our club recognises the defence needs replaced with players who can actually defend 

Warburton came out with the same noises, we ended up with Kieran who escaped through the window of the Birmingham City medical base - just to sign for us!! FFS.

Anyway, he is stating the obvious, I'm confident this time we can nail the defence down. Starting from the keeper, a good defence needs a keeper that commands the box - Foderingham has never done that.

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

TBF, Pedro recognized the problem at the back, brought in Alves and Cardoso, both of whom looked good on paper but were less impressive on the park.  Recognizing the problem is fine, implementing a solution is a whole other matter. 

Nail on the head.