Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigsasasfloopyhair

***** The Official Ryder Cup 2018 Thread *****

Recommended Posts

The last Ryder cup was tough on Clarke with the amount of rookies that automatically qualified , I think it was 5, no harm to Sullivan & Fitzpatrick but I personally thought they struggled with the occasion and didn't really produce the golf that they had been playing all year round, on the other hand big Pieters & Bello absolutely excelled in the environment, I can't help but feel sorry for both players that they haven't made the team, I think the 6 rookies played a big part in Bjorn sticking with the 4 old heads, as good as some of the rookies can be again for some the occasion might be an issue....hopefully not.

On a side note regarding the yanks.....we all know why Tiger was picked and his form since his comeback is up there where he would have automatically qualified if he hadn't been out injured for the majority of the qualifying period BUT his Ryder cup record is pretty poor, its not like its an overnight thing, his poor record stretches back to the days when he dominated the sport, even then he had a so so record in Ryder cups, I feel he has been picked on name alone rather than what he offers the yank team.....in contrast to us picking Sergio...... if one player on current form should not be there then its Sergio but you look at his Ryder cup record and you are left in awe and realise we need Sergio in that team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, hammer93 said:

The last Ryder cup was tough on Clarke with the amount of rookies that automatically qualified , I think it was 5, no harm to Sullivan & Fitzpatrick but I personally thought they struggled with the occasion and didn't really produce the golf that they had been playing all year round, on the other hand big Pieters & Bello absolutely excelled in the environment, I can't help but feel sorry for both players that they haven't made the team, I think the 6 rookies played a big part in Bjorn sticking with the 4 old heads, as good as some of the rookies can be again for some the occasion might be an issue....hopefully not.

On a side note regarding the yanks.....we all know why Tiger was picked and his form since his comeback is up there where he would have automatically qualified if he hadn't been out injured for the majority of the qualifying period BUT his Ryder cup record is pretty poor, its not like its an overnight thing, his poor record stretches back to the days when he dominated the sport, even then he had a so so record in Ryder cups, I feel he has been picked on name alone rather than what he offers the yank team.....in contrast to us picking Sergio...... if one player on current form should not be there then its Sergio but you look at his Ryder cup record and you are left in awe and realise we need Sergio in that team.

Yup, you look at Europes team and there's a lot of rookies with no ryder cup history, he needed history in it, the 4 wildcards have a good record for us (think maybe medinah they all won their singles match especially given the situation) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yup, you look at Europes team and there's a lot of rookies with no ryder cup history, he needed history in it, the 4 wildcards have a good record for us (think maybe medinah they all won their singles match especially given the situation) 

Apart from Casey.....its 12years since he played but get what you're saying, with 6 rookies this time round we need as much experience we can muster from the other 6?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Good to see McIlroy, Noren, Rahm and Rose all play well last night. Need to get some form going.

Important that Stenson has started well too.

The fairways are ridiculously generous though. Any player not shooting under par is criminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Important that Stenson has started well too.

The fairways are ridiculously generous though. Any player not shooting under par is criminal.

Ha I meant to include him ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 12:31, hammer93 said:

Pieters and Belo both hit the ball a country mile which in greensomes is a big advantage especially as you say if they are drawn against a DJ or Kopeka where it becomes a leveller, I do get why people will want Casey as he will be the most experienced rookie on planet earth but it would be hard for me to leave the Ryder cup experience of Poulter, Stenson and Garcia in the house at the expense of Casey who basically had no care for playing in it the last 10yrs

Big hitters?  I'm pretty certain Casey is a reasonably big hitter himself.  McIlroy can bomb it as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some great rounds from the Europeans, with Rory, Rose, Rahm, Molinari all going low and Fleetwood has just gone 62 62!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Some great rounds from the Europeans, with Rory, Rose, Rahm, Molinari all going low and Fleetwood has just gone 62 62!

Always brilliant to see the British lads doing well yet again. Tommy Fleetwood can blow hot or cold like most golfers however when he goes hot he's the one of the most exciting players around. Hope he wins it tomorrow.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The picks, outside of Garcia look to be playing ok, he is the one doubt as nobody knows what he will play like.

Think this could be superb. Im away to Portugal 20-27 and think might go take in a day it the Portuguese Open, fly home on Saturday he Thursday then Friday  off up at 6.30 for Ryder Cup.

Great planning from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for this. The months dragging in.

Fuckin hate they usa cunts. Sadly tho this is there strongest team easy in last decade fancy them to win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see Garcia, Rose, McIlroy, Ramh, Casey, Fleetwood all playing ok on run up.

Be great if Garcia could shoot low today and get confidence up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most overated sporting event in the calendar, don't mind the matchplay format - but never really got into supporting "Europe", it all seems a bit forced in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

The most overated sporting event in the calendar, don't mind the matchplay format - but never really got into supporting "Europe", it all seems a bit forced in my opinion.

i have been to 2 ryder cups both in usa  over the years i have been lucky enough to be at a world cup european finals champions league final etc but the ryder cup is a great event   my last one was 2014 at medinah and it was the most exciting sporting event i have been at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Hit me with who will be the top point scorer please

I’m going for Rahm as my bet for top scorer mate. Think he will excel in this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I’m going for Rahm as my bet for top scorer mate. Think he will excel in this.

I'm clueless with golf but I'll go with this, cheers sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I'm clueless with golf but I'll go with this, cheers sir

That mean if he wins I get a cut? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rahm will either do a Pieters and light it up or he'll lose his shit and smash Patrick Reed across the chops with his driver. There will be no in between with him. 

Hard to look against Rose.

Think Fleetwood is good value. I like Noren too but he may not play every match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Rahm will either do a Pieters and light it up or he'll lose his shit and smash Patrick Reed across the chops with his driver. There will be no in between with him. 

Hard to look against Rose.

Think Fleetwood is good value. I like Noren too but he may not play every match.

I might ask for a price on Rahm and the driver Reed combo, that sounds delightful.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Rahm will either do a Pieters and light it up or he'll lose his shit and smash Patrick Reed across the chops with his driver. There will be no in between with him. 

Hard to look against Rose.

Think Fleetwood is good value. I like Noren too but he may not play every match.

I'm think of patching BigSasa and just going Rose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I'm think of patching BigSasa and just going Rose.

It really could be anyone. It's quite difficult to pick one and there's not a lot of value in terms of prices. You also have a fair chance of a dead heat which could reduce any return. 

On paper though Rose is the man on form and is proven in the Ryder Cup too.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×