HKFC Soccer Sevens

NeoGeo7

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

I think we will always be welcome.  Its more if we choose to attend and I believe we were one of the last teams to accept this year and left it quite last minute.  We always do well and I see more Rangers shirts than any other club.. Villa a close second.  It's amazing how far our reach is, the Newcastle Jets manager today was a Rangers fan from Scotland! We always have a few players in the Masters too and a Rangers masters won it before (it's not easy, plenty of ex Premium players. The team with Wes Brown, David James, Michael Brown and Lee Hendrie went out in groups today.)

Inside is decent.  It's just so bloody hot!  You can get a beer or jugs of beer, hot dogs, bacon rolls, burgers, pizza etc.  If you can find someone who is a member of the HKFC (hosts) you can get a decent fry up etc beforehand too. But I prefer being down on the pitch.  Also there's activities and games and stuff for kids to do on an adjacent pitch if there is family in tow - bouncy castle, football challenges (beat the goalie, some of those modern training  machines where boards light up for you to pass to etc).  It's definitely a Much Smaller event than the Rugby Sevens which is just a huge party but rugby is shite.

If there's any players etc you want to speak to it's easy as they just wander around. David James was sitting 2 seats along from me for a while today and the Rangers lads were sitting in the food area.

If you want to know anything specific or want any photos etc tomorrow just let me know as I will be back again for the knockouts.

Brilliant cheers 

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Ok can you make a wee post on here when you find out? I’m night shift again tonight and would be good to see it 

If we are in this again next summer I’m defo gonna book it I think - checked flights there for next year around this time and they are at £500 with British Airways which too bad 

get tuned in for half 3 in the morning Rangers play west ham

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Flicking it on and off waiting patiently for the Gers vs West Ham should it be after the next game when this ones done? 

there was a penalty shoot out earlier  in one off the games so it could be slightly longer and also another penalty shoot out now but next game up is Newcastle then after that Rangers v west ham

Another decent win 

might not have been too pretty but effective tactics 

what time we back on?

the game before it with Newcastle and the chinky mob would have got the tournament stopped 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Another decent win 

might not have been too pretty but effective tactics 

what time we back on?

the game before it with Newcastle and the chinky mob would have got the tournament stopped 

yep we defended well semi final will be against Cagliari at at  8.15