Pre Season

8 hours ago, BEE said:

Was that no some round robin tournament with Southampton also involved? If so we got papped out that as they had concerns about our financial position.

Nah was a different one, that was in Southampton with them, Arsenal and someone else, think maybe a French team?

whatever pre season gives us the best chance of starting well in the Europa but more importantly in the league. Given we have potentially a game a week from Mid July to get to the group stages I can’t see the team travelling far. Late June to a league that has already started or just about to what be a good shout. 

52 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Anything in the south of England would do me, south west would be ideal!

wouldn't mind Cardiff,swansea,argyle,southampton, would all work for me left Bristol out as been there done that, Yeovil shite home kit of green and grey hoops.

1 hour ago, Chineseboy said:

Mate, what do you do over there? I am looking at a job there in Cartagena.

I live here my friend. I work like everyday person. I am general labourer. Cartagena is small city and is very very hot and humidity extreme high. The small historic area of centro is nice but to live will be very very boring place. Is boring after 3 nights

12 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I would prefer if we have two/three games again the standard of opposition that we are likely to encounter against in Europa opening rounds - we don't want to be caught cold again. Preferably AWAY against Scandinavian, Baltic , Irish, Luxembourg/Lichtenstein, Cypriot sides, which are already into their season.

Not glamorous, but we need to put out the squad against a competitive match fit side where playing us is a full cup final for them, so they will be up for it.

Rather that, than a mid table English championship/lower EPL side just back in, where they really couldnt care less (eg Watford last season)

FC København and Brøndby, please. Copenhagen is great.

4 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Nah was a different one, that was in Southampton with them, Arsenal and someone else, think maybe a French team?

La Harve but that was a seperate friendly, nothing to do with the Southampton tournie. 

I lost about £500 that summer ... had Southampton flights, La Harve ferry and the week in Germany all booked. Cancelled. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

La Harve but that was a seperate friendly, nothing to do with the Southampton tournie. 

I lost about £500 that summer ... had Southampton flights, La Harve ferry and the week in Germany all booked. Cancelled. 

lol

Had a ball at the young team tournie last summer in Nuneaton, but, missed the Shef Wed game because of it.  Hoping for a few days trip away again this summer if the dates fit.  

Based on first game 2nd week in July, anyone know when pre-season starts this summer?

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fucking buzzing for pre-season starting and this new regime getting into action :crabflute:

I'm like a wean at Christmas Eve thinking about it all coming together. One of the few things that genuinely excites me as a miserable bastard adult :lol: 

Fair play to you, you do get about for these games - where most can't be arsed/afford it.