Bronzy

Connor Goldson (Brighton)

Just now, K.A.I said:

Is the Brighton defender decent?

3.5-million for Tav? please please please. Amazing business that would be. 

He's solid from what I've seen of him, hasn't played much for Brighton this season as for most of it he was recovering from an operation to fix a heart defect.

12 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

SunSport understands the club will consider offers for him, Josh Windass, Alfredo Morelos and Wes Foderingham

Good. Must be planning a massive overhaul.

Well thank fuck, as thats whats got to happen.

• Like 3

Just now, johanhentze said:

Well thank fuck, as thats whats got to happen.

Yup, need to get rid of as many of them as possible, mentality's all wrong throughout the squad.

Just now, Goosetav said:

Yup, need to get rid of as many of them as possible, mentality's all wrong throughout the squad.

Exactly. Some of them can perform on their day but their general attitude holds them back.

• Like 4

FFS heart defect. Managed 7 games in total this season. Talk about taking a risk.

In February 2017, Goldson was discovered to have a heart defect in a screening, and was sidelined for the remainder of the season to have preventative surgery.He played his first competitive game following his return from successful surgery in December 2017, playing the full 90 minutes in a 1–0 home win against Watford on his Premier League debut.

Didn't do Asa Hartford any harm right enough  .... one for the older Bears

39 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

SunSport understands the club will consider offers for him, Josh Windass, Alfredo Morelos and Wes Foderingham

Good. Must be planning a massive overhaul.

What are we doing with the rest releasing them ? sounds like they just guessing.

My mum’s husband is a huge Brighton man and loves Goldson. He had health problems and hasn’t played too much but that’s no surprise considering how good Duffy and Dunk have been.

During their championship season and their playoff season beforehand he was a regular feature and a good solid player.

Would not be against this, still wouldn’t mind bringing back a much improved Kyle Bartley too.

This guy Connor Goldson had open heart surgery only last season.  He came back in December after almost a year out of the game and has played 200mins of football since his operation.  It's a hell of a risk taking on a guy that has had health problems such as these.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Music to my ears. 

6-million from a share issue.
6 or 7-million from 15-million season ticket money
13-million (somewhere in that region) for Morelos, Windass, Tav and Fod. 

25-million.

That would be us set. 

I know football's never that straight forward but why not? 

A positive post from Kai 😂, things really are looking up.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

A positive post from Kai 😂, things really are looking up.

I'm positive a lot it just depends if some folk chose to see it, or not. 

Although there's some twisted bastards that would class it as negative as in essence I'm saying get 4 of our players to fuck

• Like 1

Big risk tbh but one worth taking for a no-nonsense big centre back tbh. Only 25 so does come with a bit of sell-on potential. 

Anyone going to the EPL should be sold for more than 3.5 million.

• Like 2

I fuckin love transfer season. 

Edit: i’d keep Tav, i just wouldnt play him at right back.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm positive a lot it just depends if some folk chose to see it, or not. 

Although there's some twisted bastards that would class it as negative as in essence I'm saying get 4 of our players to fuck

Its how you shift the other 10 that might fuck us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

Its how you shift the other 10 that might fuck us.

True. They're just the ones with the sell-on value - the rest is going to cost us to get rid of, but needs must. Needs done.

Just now, K.A.I said:

True. They're just the ones with the sell-on value - the rest is going to cost us to get rid of, but needs must. Needs done.

100% mate. Its the cost that concerns me. Herrera, O’halloran, Holt etc wont go easily. What happens with Wallace? Pena? You’d like to think it wont have too much of an impact but ive visions of half these players still being on the books come August. 

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

100% mate. Its the cost that concerns me. Herrera, O’halloran, Holt etc wont go easily. What happens with Wallace? Pena? You’d like to think it wont have too much of an impact but ive visions of half these players still being on the books come August. 

I think there's hope for O'Halloran and Herrera ... I mean there must surely be a South American mob willing to take Herrera even for 300/400k ... I don't think O'Halloran will have any shortage of takers but the wages will be a stumbling block - I think an Aberdeen or Hearts would happily stump up 250k or something for him but they couldn't afford 7k a week in wages so I think it would have to be another loan with us maybe picking up half the wages. 

I think the likes of Hodson, Halliday, Dodoo, Forrester will have their contracts tore up and paid up and it shouldn't make a big dent - I hope.

It's Pena that worries me greatly. That's one costly mistake.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Music to my ears. 

6-million from a share issue.
6 or 7-million from 15-million season ticket money
13-million (somewhere in that region) for Morelos, Windass, Tav and Fod. 

25-million.

That would be us set. 

I know football's never that straight forward but why not? 

That would be good business , I just hope we don't pay any sizable fees ( over a million ) for older players who have no sell on value. If we get roughly the money you suggest that is the way we should be doing most of our transfers ,buy cheap and sell on at a profit at a later date.