Bronzy

Connor Goldson (Brighton)

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If Tav has EPL interest then 6 million minimum. 

I got laughed at a few weeks ago for saying that. Windass could be £3.5 as well. Just those 2 is a decent start kitty wise.

• Like 1

A team full of centre half’s :lol: 

Poster on FF raving about how good this lad is. Says he would rather have Goldson than Bartley. To be honest the more I've read about this lad the more I think he'd be a great, low-risk signing. It's a yes from this bear.

Know it's only a YT vid but he does look good in it. Some great passes out from the back and sharp in the tackle,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

A team full of centre half’s :lol: 

It worked for Sir Walter...

His medical record is a little cause for concern but have no idea how major or minor that operation is, maybe someone can enlighten us? 

I do not believe we are going to be signing top players like this for a small (relatively speaking) fee unless it may be a bit of a gamble in some respects. Think it would be well worth the chance.

Looks like he still has a year left on his contract, this is the sort of player I am all for, decent age, will have good competitive experience, and knows what it is like to be battling at the top, although he always appears to have came the runner up.

Make no mistake, this isn't like signing a Caulker or a Kiernan. In no way is it a Warburton signing. If Dunk and Duffy weren't so good at the moment he'd be in the team without question. 

If Dunk goes in the summer I expect Brighton to try even harder to keep him and he'll more than likely get a shot at the first team.

He will easily be the best defender in Scotland, twice the player of any other defender in the league if he comes. I cannot stress how highly this boy is rated. 

Dunk is on the verge of playing for England, to the point where pundits and pros can't understand why he's not in the team and his partnership with Duffy is rock solid. Just look at Brighton's defensive record this season.

Again, only one poster's opinion, but he seems to know a lot about the boy and Brighton.

6 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

His medical record is a little cause for concern but have no idea how major or minor that operation is, maybe someone can enlighten us? 

I do not believe we are going to be signing top players like this for a small (relatively speaking) fee unless it may be a bit of a gamble in some respects. Think it would be well worth the chance.

Open heart surgery is pretty major m8.

I would not take a punt on a 25 year old who has had major surgery, has played less than 10 hours of competitive football in 2 years and been involved in only 143 competitive games in his career.

“He will easily be the best defender in Scotland, twice the player of any other defender in the league if he comes. I cannot stress how highly this boy is rated.”

where have we heard that before apart from with every CB we’ve signed since 2016 

16 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Open heart surgery is pretty major m8.

At least he has one.........

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Music to my ears. 

6-million from a share issue.
6 or 7-million from 15-million season ticket money
13-million (somewhere in that region) for Morelos, Windass, Tav and Fod. 

25-million.

That would be us set. 

I know football's never that straight forward but why not? 

Kit deal too

• Like 1

These quotes are all the same everytime we sign anyone. 

People were sceptical about Goss who played 6 games after major surgery and are championing this guy? 

48 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

These quotes are all the same everytime we sign anyone. 

People were sceptical about Goss who played 6 games after major surgery and are championing this guy? 

Those 6 games were also the only 6 of Goss’ professional career. Different scenario altogether.

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

If Tav has EPL interest then 6 million minimum. 

and run the risk of getting nothing? 3,5 million is very, very fair. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

and run the risk of getting nothing? 3,5 million is very, very fair. 

£3.5m - £5m would be a fair price for him if he's going to the Prem.

Just now, DeanMK said:

£3.5m - £5m would be a fair price for him if he's going to the Prem.

Swansea got relegated though. 

No 6-million even 5-million is ridiculous, he's not even close to being a player of that caliber. People need to be realistic England or not.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Swansea got relegated though. 

No 6-million even 5-million is ridiculous, he's not even close to being a player of that caliber. People need to be realistic England or not.

Grant Hanley went for 6million down there tbf.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Grant Hanley went for 6million down there tbf.

and he was a Premiership player and established international.

OK then lads, mad Tav let's go for 10 million the amazing wee bastard he is ... why not

Just now, K.A.I said:

and he was a Premiership player and established international.

OK then lads, mad Tav let's go for 10 million the amazing wee bastard he is ... why not

No one is saying that but we shouldn’t be accepting their first offer they will go higher then 3.5million for him imo

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

No one is saying that but we shouldn’t be accepting their first offer they will go higher then 3.5million for him imo

People are saying 6 million though ... imagine trying for that and the deal collapsing. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

People are saying 6 million though ... imagine trying for that and the deal collapsing. 

We should be asking for closer to 5million