Bronzy

Connor Goldson (Brighton)

Looks a bit of a unit which is good but hopefully gerrard isn’t underestimating the league up here filling us with more championship players thinking they will stroll it up here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yes that's a matter of opinion.

What's factual though is that sometimes people walk away if the price is too high/cheeky without bothering negotiating. It's happened with me in business, I've done it myself in shops and outlets and it's stupid to think it doesn't happen in football too. 

In my experience only if it offends, generally when it's a personal transaction. I don't think asking for 5m will have that affect. It's pretty standard practice in discussions. A bit like 4m for Skirtel, now that could certainly result in someone walking away from the deal.

Goldson would be a great signing if we can get him on the cheap.

The potential sell on of this boy would be huge if he is a success.

I have a pal down here who is a Brighton fan and he rates him more than Duffy, says a lot really.

I would be all for this, although i reckon they would want a few million so a loan deal might be best option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Why would you take a million less than you thought he was worth after saying we should be holding out for the most we should? :confused:

In fairness when I was your age, I probably thought the likes of Guivarc'h was worth 10 million and we shouldn't be selling. 

Don’t remember guivarch but was listening to the H&H podcast say he was shite.

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

im sure he scored a hat trick on his debut in a 7-0 win in perth and i thought he was going to be a superstar for us but turned out to be be rank.  he won the world cup a few months before as well:huh:

13 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

im sure he scored a hat trick on his debut in a 7-0 win in perth and i thought he was going to be a superstar for us but turned out to be be rank.  he won the world cup a few months before as well:huh:

Did indeed. One from on his arse too.

Watched him in the warm ups and he never missed the goal.....how wrong that went.

19 minutes ago, Siwel said:

He was shite but that's my point - I thought everyone was worth more than they were.

28 minutes ago, Siwel said:

He was a great winger. Durrant-esque

4 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

He was a great winger. Durrant-esque

:angrywillie:

Came in to read about this Connor guy and read about Tav instead.

If he is so good then i presume Brighton want to keep him? If not then why? If he isn't good enough for them i would doubt he would be good enough for us.

51 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Came in to read about this Connor guy and read about Tav instead.

If he is so good then i presume Brighton want to keep him? If not then why? If he isn't good enough for them i would doubt he would be good enough for us.

Plenty of players about that aren’t good enough for the Premiership but would be stand outs for us.

Dunk and Duffy have been fantastic for Brighton so it's obviously no easy task displacing one of them. Especially when you consider his health problem.

If we’re signing a centre half with a heart problem then it’s the clearest sign yet that Russel Martin isn’t signing.

• Like 1

I'm sure his heart problem must be sorted, otherwise he'd have been advised to retire. Still more heart than the cunts that are here just now.

5 hours ago, Frank de Bear said:

At least he has one.........

:matron:

39 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Plenty of players about that aren’t good enough for the Premiership but would be stand outs for us.

Like who?

Plenty who are not good enough for Premiership teams aren't good enough for us either.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Says we fell "way below Brighton's valuation".

Probably just an opening bid to test the waters.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Like who?

Plenty who are not good enough for Premiership teams aren't good enough for us either.

I’ll give Mark Allen my list.

20 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I’ll give Mark Allen my list.

I am Mark Allen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I am Mark Allen.

Clearly no or you’d of gave Bates a new deal :whistle:

Wasn't it SAF that said when signing someone look at how often they show up for work?  This lad has hardly kicked a ball in well over a year.  It's a huge risk given he's had open heart surgery and it now seems the selling club want a fair bit of cash.  No thanks.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Wasn't it SAF that said when signing someone look at how often they show up for work?  This lad has hardly kicked a ball in well over a year.  It's a huge risk given he's had open heart surgery and it now seems the selling club want a fair bit of cash.  No thanks.

Aye I can’t believe this young footballer who had open heart surgery didn’t “show up for work” more often. Also what happens if the player isn’t picked and that’s the reason he isn’t “showing up for work”?

First bid has been rejected according to The Argus paper in Brighton

25 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Clearly no or you’d of gave Bates a new deal :whistle:

I offered him a £250 wage rise and he said no, not much i could do.