BBC Article

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Strictly speaking, no it doesn’t. A company is responsible for sufficient oversight of its employees. If Neely abused a child and it was allowed to happen by virtue of the club not having strong enough safeguards for the protection of children and/or sufficient oversight of the coach’s activities and/or didn’t run proper background checks including referencing from other Football clubs etc etc then Rangers are on the hook too. Sacking the guy after the event doesn’t end it I’m afraid. 

In this instance though we’ve obviously lawyered up and told him the correct legal position - his claim lies with the liquidators. It’s a non story other than the fact the guy has gone to the press because he has realised he won’t get a penny out of the liquidation proceeds. Which is a real shame if he was abused, because he deserves some form of compensation for what it has done to his life. I’m almost tempted to suggest the club should agree a negotiation with him on a good faith basis. 

I kind of agree that the club should agree a negotiations but on the other side no one (unlike celtic) has been found guilty in a criminal court although I believe this cunt is a beast on what’s been reported from hibs and Hutchison Vale.

I think there should be a civil case against all clubs where there are allegations or the police open this up to investigation which they probably are (I hope) regardless if the cunt is dead.

Its a clear agenda by bbc Scotland all due to the Torbett / celtic sex trial today and also how they were embarrassed to be stuck on the outside with the Gerrard unveiling. Pathetic and unprofessional from that bitter taig invested organisation. 

4 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

How is it? You just have to look at the thread to see it's true. Not by a lot of folk but by a few. A few too many.

Show me one poster that has condoned child abuse. Show me poster that has said the club should’ve kept quiet  

Blue Fin has worded his post badly, but does raise a point that this accusation has went from inappropriate language and touching, to getting arse raped over a treatment table. Why would that be??? 

2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Obviously this is an allegation and none of us know the truth but if the story is correct are you blaming a child for being abused ? Because it reads like you are 

I would never blame the child, It's always the fault of the adult, I was simply stating a fact that it would not have been me. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Reign it in for fuck sake. Have a bit of dignity about yourself eh?

What? I'm simply questioning the veracity of the story, let's face it if It's coming from BBC Scotland then we should be looking very carefully at it.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Show me one poster that has condoned child abuse. Show me poster that has said the club should’ve kept quiet  

Blue Fin has worded his post badly, but does raise a point that this accusation has went from inappropriate language and touching, to getting arse raped over a treatment table. Why would that be??? 

I didn't accuse anyone of any of those things. I said "against". 

Questioning the guy making the allegation just because it was to do with Rangers is an example of it. We reported it at the time and sacked Neely, obviously there was something to it.

We wouldn't be questioning it with other clubs. The timing is obviously suspect from the BBC but if that's peoples main takeaway from then I think they need to get their priorities straight.

We should have led the way on this. But we've made an arse of it.

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

What is a bit of a surprise is that the tabloids have not yet picked up on the story. I would of expected the record etc to have had a full page article on it by now.

Maybe because no actual sexual abuse took place, only suggestive language ( according to the previously reported news article) although why Neely feels the need to make it out as something bigger I don’t know.

But tomorrow is another day, maybe make the headlines then.

11 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

I didn't accuse anyone of any of those things. I said "against". 

Questioning the guy making the allegation just because it was to do with Rangers is an example of it. We reported it at the time and sacked Neely, obviously there was something to it.

We wouldn't be questioning it with other clubs. The timing is obviously suspect from the BBC but if that's peoples main takeaway from then I think they need to get their priorities straight.

We should have led the way on this. But we've made an arse of it.

How have we made an arse if it?? 

We appear to be the only club that have done the right thIng from the start and continue to do so. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

How have we made an arse if it?? 

We appear to be the only club that have done the right thIng from the start and continue to do so. 

By letting it get to the press. This is a huge own goal for the club. Got no issues at all with how we handled it at the time.

We now may not be legally entitled to pay the guy but as others have mentioned, paying him compensation as a gesture of goodwill would have been a simple solution. We can't keep using the different companies excuse just when it suits us.

10 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

By letting it get to the press. This is a huge own goal for the club. Got no issues at all with how we handled it at the time.

We now may not be legally entitled to pay the guy but as others have mentioned, paying him compensation as a gesture of goodwill would have been a simple solution. We can't keep using the different companies excuse just when it suits us.

You want it handled right then you say keep it out of the press. 

We should’ve went straight to the press at the time but if my memory is correct the mans family wanted it kept quiet. 

The different company isn’t an excuse, it’s a simple fact. 

40 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

I would never blame the child, It's always the fault of the adult, I was simply stating a fact that it would not have been me. 

What? I'm simply questioning the veracity of the story, let's face it if It's coming from BBC Scotland then we should be looking very carefully at it.

Award winning Mark Daly no less :megaanguish:

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Award winning Mark Daly no less :megaanguish:

I didn't give him any awards.

I wonder how many awards he'd win if he delved into the associations that exist between the vile football club which covers up sexual abuse, the church which cover up sexual abuse and the politicians who've helped cover up the same abuse for decades.

Fuck what happens at other clubs, this happened at ours and we have/need to deal with it. A lot of people are forgetting this happened to a kid and regardless of where it happened it’s not right and should be highlighted and dealt with. We shouldn’t not speak about it or not acknowledge it happened just because it happened here. 

11 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

I didn't give him any awards.

I wonder how many awards he'd win if he delved into the associations that exist between the vile football club which covers up sexual abuse, the church which cover up sexual abuse and the politicians who've helped cover up the same abuse for decades.

he doesnt seem too fussed about that. Just this one allegation.

4 minutes ago, Tearjerker said:

Fuck what happens at other clubs, this happened at ours and we have/need to deal with it. A lot of people are forgetting this happened to a kid and regardless of where it happened it’s not right and should be highlighted and dealt with. We shouldn’t not speak about it or not acknowledge it happened just because it happened here. 

It allegedly happened at ours. It allegedly happened to a kid. Child abuse is not right and nobody is hiding from it,  but lets get some perspective before we all jump on the mea culpa bus.

In fairness to Daly, his expose last year on the sexual abuse and who knew what at celtic park was excellent. 

Been a tumble weed of a reaction since though. Nobody seemed interested in something that looked deeply, deeply sinister. Which is sinister in itself.

24 minutes ago, Tearjerker said:

But it was dealt with. The club acted they sacked the individual and reported him to the police. What more could the club have done at the time. 

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Strictly speaking, no it doesn’t. A company is responsible for sufficient oversight of its employees. If Neely abused a child and it was allowed to happen by virtue of the club not having strong enough safeguards for the protection of children and/or sufficient oversight of the coach’s activities and/or didn’t run proper background checks including referencing from other Football clubs etc etc then Rangers are on the hook too. Sacking the guy after the event doesn’t end it I’m afraid. 

In this instance though we’ve obviously lawyered up and told him the correct legal position - his claim lies with the liquidators. It’s a non story other than the fact the guy has gone to the press because he has realised he won’t get a penny out of the liquidation proceeds. Which is a real shame if he was abused, because he deserves some form of compensation for what it has done to his life. I’m almost tempted to suggest the club should agree a negotiation with him on a good faith basis. 

We definitely should... after a Scottish football-wide inquiry to established the scope, who the victims are and who bears what legal and moral culpability.

I'm all for us accepting responsibility rather than go down the 'old company' route if any culpability is found on our behalf. 

Anyway, it has to be emphasised that, at the moment, we haven't done anything wrong. AND we're the only ones that seem to have reported anything and not been involved in a cover up. Should that change there will be hell to pay, such demands for justice being led by us, the fans. I'd like to think so, anyway. Let others protect their name at all costs.

20 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'm all for us accepting responsibility rather than go down the 'old company' route if any culpability is found on our behalf. 

I'm actually thinking we should give the poor guy the apology (and money) if it is possible to do that with no culpability being attached.

Of course there's always the danger of that "youse paid him off" attitude and mud sticks.

15 minutes ago, Inigo said:

We definitely should... after a Scottish football-wide inquiry to established the scope, who the victims are and who bears what legal and moral culpability.

Anyway, it has to be emphasised that, at the moment, we haven't done anything wrong. AND we're the only ones that seem to have reported anything and not been involved in a cover up. Should that change there will be hell to pay, such demands for justice being led by us, the fans. I'd like to think so, anyway. Let others protect their name at all costs.

Back in the 80’s there were no rules or requirements for companies who worked with children to do any background checks, even in education teachers were not subject to background checks until the early 90’s I believe.

I don’t know how the club we’re supposed to know his background except maybe from references from his previous employer or word of mouth.

Anyway they did the right thing and have nothing to be ashamed about, unlike the others.