BBC Article

7 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Back in the 80’s there were no rules or requirements for companies who worked with children to do any background checks, even in education teachers were not subject to background checks until the early 90’s I believe.

I don’t know how the club we’re supposed to know his background except maybe from references from his previous employer or word of mouth.

Anyway they did the right thing and have nothing to be ashamed about, unlike the others.

This is why an inquiry to establish culpability should come first.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I'm actually thinking we should give the poor guy the apology (and money) if it is possible to do that with no culpability being attached.

Of course there's always the danger of that "youse paid him off" attitude and mud sticks.

that is absolutely insane. 

Sickening if it’s true.

Nealy is dead and thank fuck, but I wish the disgusting bastard was still alive to answer for his crimes. We do need an investigation into his conduct and what actions were taken after any allegations were brought to light. We can’t allow this to be swept aside (and I have faith that we won’t) and justice needs to be done for any victims either here or at hibs.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Headline news on the BBC as expected. Accused of cherry picking which parts of our history we want to keep.

A fair accusation given our response was to palm it off to the liquidators. 

Hoping our club deals with this properly and not take the taig route. 

POLICE have said there is no live investigation in connection with coach Gordon Neely and claims of abuse while he was at Rangers.

It comes after a former youth footballer spoke out to make a new claim that he was sexually abused by the coach while at Rangers and was reportedly told by the club he should pursue his complaint with liquidators.

The man claims he was abused within the Ibrox stadium by Gordon Neely who was head of youth development in the 1980s.

Rangers said they would “co-operate fully” with all those who had a “genuine interest” in seeking to protect children and “addressing the wrongs” of what had happened in the past.

It said that both the Scottish FA and Police Scotland had been informed of the matter.

Rangers have confirmed in December, 2016, that Mr Neely was sacked following an allegation of inappropriate behaviour towards a teenage player and the police were informed.

The club said that Mr Neely, who was a youth coach at Ibrox in the 1980s when police were contacted over claims made by the player, and the club said he was “dismissed immediately”.

The club said it had not been approached by Police Scotland or any authority regarding this allegation.

Several former youth players have spoken two years ago about how Neely carried out sexually motivated attacks during his coaching career which included a stint at Hibs.

It is not clear whether Mr Neely, who worked at Rangers for more than three years after leaving Hibernian in 1986, has ever been subject of a police investigation.

An attempt through Freedom of Information to discover what action Police Scotland had taken over complaints relating to Mr Neely, who died of cancer in 2014, have previously been blocked.

The BBC says that an alleged victim, known only as David was told by lawyers for Rangers that the duty of care is not with the current owners.

They said that when the abuse took place Rangers were owned by a different company which was now in liquidation.

10 hours ago, cushynumber said:

correct me if i am wrong - but weren't the original allegations re Neely regarding inappropriate speech not sexual abuse? - and thats what he was reported to the police for and sacked?

Yes it was for "speaking inappropriately" according to media in 2016.

8 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I kind of agree that the club should agree a negotiations but on the other side no one (unlike celtic) has been found guilty in a criminal court although I believe this cunt is a beast on what’s been reported from hibs and Hutchison Vale.

I think there should be a civil case against all clubs where there are allegations or the police open this up to investigation which they probably are (I hope) regardless if the cunt is dead.

Its a clear agenda by bbc Scotland all due to the Torbett / celtic sex trial today and also how they were embarrassed to be stuck on the outside with the Gerrard unveiling. Pathetic and unprofessional from that bitter taig invested organisation. 

Why should the club agree to negotiate a payout for an allegation?    I absolutely abhor the abuse of anyone and particularly the abuse of minors.  It is despicable but the Club was unaware of Neely's depravity at that time.  Rangers sacked him when he was accused of speaking inappropriately (to one youth player) which is nowhere near as bad as today's allegation.    Hibs failed to notify anyone of previous allegations (plural).   There were far fewer checks on individuals when the alleged offences occurred.   The PVG checks were only introduced after 2002 as far as I am aware.   Other clubs knew more and did next to nothing.  

1 hour ago, BF1 said:

A fair accusation given our response was to palm it off to the liquidators. 

Hoping our club deals with this properly and not take the taig route. 

What is the "proper route"?

I expect that the lawyers have stated that the Club's insurance would be with a different corporate entity  at that time for any claim against an employee.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Why should the club agree to negotiate a payout for an allegation?    I absolutely abhor the abuse of anyone and particularly the abuse of minors.  It is despicable but the Club was unaware of Neely's depravity at that time.  Rangers sacked him when he was accused of speaking inappropriately (to one youth player) which is nowhere near as bad as today's allegation.    Hibs failed to notify anyone of previous allegations (plural).   There were far fewer checks on individuals when the alleged offences occurred.   The PVG checks were only introduced after 2002 as far as I am aware.   Other clubs knew more and did next to nothing.  

I’ve been drawn in on the moral argument from the guy with the allegation and that’s also why I said ‘kind of’ and I also said no one was found guilty so the club are really stuck in the middle.

2 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Torbett pleaded not guilty apparently so this is bound to drag on and on

The cunt fled the USA fast enough when Daly caught up with him there and I’m presuming he never declared his previous pedo convictions to get his visa so pleading not guilty is no surprise from this lying deviant cunt.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The cunt fled the USA fast enough when Daly caught up with him there and I’m presuming he never declared his previous pedo convictions to get his visa so pleading not guilty is no surprise from this lying deviant cunt.

Works in our favour anyway because it gets much more attention and fingers crossed even a tiny bit more of examination into what went on

Apparently mid June he's due back for 10 days, frustrating that we have the potential to expose this and they have the potential to bury it for good 

The wider issue with this throughout Britain is how and why the Police seemingly swept it all under the carpet. That’s the fucking disgusting part. It seems that anyone that was a political figure, celebrity or in sport had complete immunity. Maybe the BBC should do some investigative journalism on the areas that would help all of society rather than picking certain incidents to suit their agenda.

2 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

Sickening if it’s true.

Nealy is dead and thank fuck, but I wish the disgusting bastard was still alive to answer for his crimes. We do need an investigation into his conduct and what actions were taken after any allegations were brought to light. We can’t allow this to be swept aside (and I have faith that we won’t) and justice needs to be done for any victims either here or at hibs.

Investigate what exactly??? 

The allegation was made to Rangers they sacked the peado cunt and phoned the police. 

Now if you really want an investigation let’s have a full and open enquiry into all clubs in Scotland and their shameful behaviour of covering up peado rings and passing on coaches known to be peado’s. Strange that the 2 worst offenders appear to be the 2 biggest taig clubs in the country or is that just a coincidence. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Investigate what exactly??? 

The allegation was made to Rangers they sacked the peado cunt and phoned the police. 

Now if you really want an investigation let’s have a full and open enquiry into all clubs in Scotland and their shameful behaviour of covering up peado rings and passing on coaches known to be peado’s. Strange that the 2 worst offenders appear to be the 2 biggest taig clubs in the country or is that just a coincidence. 

I’ve already said what the investigation should hopefully include. 

I want our name cleared and the only way we can do that is by being fully transparent. Investigations need to be made into how this cunt did what he did and what we did subsequently. We need to show the world we’re better than the scum out there that cover this shit up.

I've always stressed on here that the institutional child sex abuse issue is a criminal issue which occurred on a large scale in  the sixties and seventies especially, and is still one of the major subjects that needs to be thoroughly investigated, documented and highlighted with honest impartial legal enquiry and accountability and subsequent correct and proper action taken on any criminality by prosecution of those involved, and future prevention sought, regardless of the background of the perpetrators.

Most importantly impartiality and objectiveness must be shown, and justice found for those taken advantage of. 

The most frequent allegations and most of the evidence at present is concentrated mostly on one club in particular, who are denying and deflecting like a club possessed with a guilty conscience and a lack of objectivity and desire for the full truth, a very sad and immoral state of affairs.

However, even if unfortunately anyone at our great club was involved or aware, I would still stress this: The truth must come first before all other considerations.