markem

Unfortunately we have jim traynor as head of our pr, a man more interested in his own personal vendettas than he is in defending Rangers. Sack him and appoint someone who is actually interested in carrying out the job he is paid to do and we may get somewhere.

5 minutes ago, markem said:

3 separate Headlines I’ve seen this morning. 

1 - A player being called a fenian bastard. Implication we are all bigots. 

2 - The Neely story. Implications are obvious.  

3 - The SFA Charges. Iplication we are cheats and the consequences could be including massive fines and we can’t sign players. 

All 3 headlines this morning.  Coincidence? Is it fuck. After 8 months the SFA apply those charges last night.  After how long that Neely story is regurgitated and the MOH story thrown into the mix. 

I’m not going to take apart the individual stories, anyone with a brain can see what’s going on with all 3.  It’s so obvious.

Over the past few weeks there has been a huge shift in the positive press we have been receiving (mostly if not exclusively beyond our borders).  High profile English journalists talking positively about our club, on a fairly consistent basis.  Yet here we are this morning with our very own ‘3 Billboards’ - a blatant attempt to shift the narrative.   Bad Rangers - stay away, disassociate yourself.  

The club cannot allow this to go on and token retaliation statements isn’t enough. If we do not have a PR team able to represent us in what is a PR war then we have to get that in place at whatever cost.  There is a genuine propoganda machine very effectively attacking us and the impact of these types headlines should not be underestimated. 

Wake up Rangers.  We have to fight back. What I’ve said here isn’t anything that the majority of us haven’t been saying for some time however it’s time, it really has to be.  

Spot on... dignified silent approach has failed ... it's time to involve ourselves in fighting fire with fire no matter how dirty it gets on the PR front... let's remind these cunts who are the real shame of Scotland ... what is our board worried about ? What is there to lose its time to fight back ffs we as a support and club are being vilified at every turn... No more Rangers.

7 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Unfortunately we have jim traynor as head of our pr, a man more interested in his own personal vendettas than he is in defending Rangers. Sack him and appoint someone who is actually interested in carrying out the job he is paid to do and we may get somewhere.

Yes. Part of the problem. I think we have a real opportunity so start to control the Narrative through the English press. Does he have the relationships, motivation or interest to do that? 

I know many will say I’m overestimating the English MSM interest in us and our game however I honestly believe the Gerrard impact gives us that opportunity. 

9 minutes ago, markem said:

3 - The SFA Charges. Iplication we are cheats and the consequences could be including massive fines and we can’t sign players. 

All 3 headlines this morning.  Coincidence? Is it fuck. After 8 months the SFA apply those charges last night.  After how long that Neely story is regurgitated and the MOH story thrown into the mix. 

I’m not going to take apart the individual stories, anyone with a brain can see what’s going on with all 3.  It’s so obvious.

Over the past few weeks there has been a huge shift in the positive press we have been receiving (mostly if not exclusively beyond our borders).  High profile English journalists talking positively about our club, on a fairly consistent basis.  Yet here we are this morning with our very own ‘3 Billboards’ - a blatant attempt to shift the narrative.   Bad Rangers - stay away, disassociate yourself.  

The club cannot allow this to go on and token retaliation statements isn’t enough. If we do not have a PR team able to represent us in what is a PR war then we have to get that in place at whatever cost.  There is a genuine propoganda machine very effectively attacking us and the impact of these types headlines should not be underestimated. 

Wake up Rangers.  We have to fight back. What I’ve said here isn’t anything that the majority of us haven’t been saying for some time however it’s time, it really has to be.  

Fully agree we are being targeted and we need to fight back.

There PR machine is in full spin trying to vilify us. Let's fight fire with fire.

Sack jim traynor and get a PR rep who can do there bloody job.

Cannot fathom the stoaters who label you a conspiracy theorist for stating that the media, the SFA and most club's in Scotland are ran by one person only

How many times have we had days like today that prove it time after time, you only get the first couple of times to call it a coincidence.

1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Cannot fathom the stoaters who label you a conspiracy theorist for stating that the media, the SFA and most club's in Scotland are ran by one person only

How many times have we had days like today that prove it time after time, you only get the first couple of times to call it a coincidence.

If a grain of anything positive can be taken from it?  Today has a whiff of panic about it.  

7 minutes ago, markem said:

If a grain of anything positive can be taken from it?  Today has a whiff of panic about it.  

I think it's just to distract from them being linked to another case but I'm well aware fuck all will happen, their grip on Scotland extends to the Police and Government, what chance do we have mate

Unless we release a statement pushing for an independent investigation into the on-goings at every Scottish club, to the point they're tracking hush monies, joining dots that have never been mentioned etc AND we contact journalists who work down south who investigate child abuse then it won't get more than the usual hush hush

It's a shame because I genuinely can't fathom the sort of person who would openly choose football, Scottish football at that, over countless children being raped, you've people on here saying we should look into the story about us this morning, yet it's a nothing story, never mind if we had those kinds of skeletons in our closet, scummy fucks.

It's up to Rangers now whether we have the chance to uncover it or let them bury us for god knows how long

3 minutes ago, markem said:

Today demonstrates wheels in motion of a campaign, not standalone stories.

Rangers are the target of public persecution now and everyday hereafter. 

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We lost this war years ago without throwing a single punch. 

The club don’t have the stomach, balls or wherewithal to start another war and win it. 

Agree, and now believe its too far gone to really do anything about it now. Nothing has changed regards the club either 

24 minutes ago, markem said:

It would appear that some like the board have no desire or indeed will to fight back.

4 minutes ago, backup said:

It would appear that some like the board have no desire or indeed will to fight back.

Agreed, it’s hard to fathom. 

Regardless of what their motivations are with the club you’d think seemingly successful men would understand the damage of very negative PR (or otherwise). 

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

A fan as Logan walked off after being sent off, video was shared on here.

Compare and contrast to the coverage to to the guy towards Sinclair at Ibrox. 

Regardless - I’m long past hoping for a level playing field.  It’s what the club are going to to about it that needs to focussed on.  

17 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Add in the lurgan bigot who wasn't illegally on the pitch winding up (inciting trouble) opposition supporters. Nah he's been portrayed as the victim giving a little back to the sectarian Rangers supporters (H** Scum) for their songs.

Spot on, the Evening times had a video of Lennon doing his Aeroplane thing in some pub after the game, they seemed to think this was perfectly acceptable, despite as you say,the bastard being illegally on the pitch trying to wind up the Rangers fans.