Fight the sfa

backup

Should we fight the sfa  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should we fight.

• Should we fight the sfa in open court yes.
    • Should we do nothing, hoping for the best.

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

I just agreed with a post thehost made, away for a lie doon. 

Yep, me too. So long as It's not politics he talks sense.

It's long past time that Rangers stood up to the scum running, sorry ruining the Scottish game for the benefit of one club.

Now the sfa are threatening more expensive witchhunts against us and for the life of me I can't figure out what We're supposed to have done now? How many times can Rangers be punished for the apparent crime of being Rangers?

And who's the fucking idiot who said no?

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No it wouldn't. If we refused them access they'd just hammer us. We're obliged to provide them access per the SFA & SPFL rules we agree to every year.

Do you have any constructive idea of how to fight our corner that will be effective, rather than constantly hand wringing.

Too add, I noticed you haven't voted although commenting in the thread, any reason you haven't voted or would that compromise your apparent lack of constructive suggestions.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

Do you have any constructive idea of how to fight our corner that will be effective, rather than constantly hand wringing.

Who’s hands are wringing? By pointing the flaws in some of the ridiculous ideas folk have floated?

Constructive idea is nothing different than what I’ve been saying for literally years on here.  

Simply stamping our feet and setting ourselves up for more punishment does nothing to help us whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Who’s hands are wringing? By pointing the flaws in some of the ridiculous ideas folk have floated?

Constructive idea is nothing different than what I’ve been saying for literally years on here.  

Simply stamping our feet and setting ourselves up for more punishment does nothing to help us whatsoever. 

Let me ask you again, what if any constructive ideas do you have to defend our corner, do you have any other than the words "we can't" ?

And you still haven't voted !

slightly different subject obviously (though if anybody thinks they aren't related they want their head examined) but I would assume one of the first things we have instructed our lawyers to do is to inform the various media outlets that if our club name is even so much as mentioned in the media re the torbet trial, in any kind of "them as well" way whatsoever, we will be getting legal. There is no reason for our name to be even mentioned and if it is, then its too deflect and we should push the nuclear button

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

slightly different subject obviously (though if anybody thinks they aren't related they want their head examined) but I would assume one of the first things we have instructed our lawyers to do is to inform the various media outlets that if our club name is even so much as mentioned in the media re the torbet trial, in any kind of "them as well" way whatsoever, we will be getting legal. There is no reason for our name to be even mentioned and if it is, then its too deflect and we should push the nuclear button

Seen a clip earlier of a reporting Scotland story running us into the ground about child abuse, not a word about torbett of celtic who is in court today, not one word.

4 minutes ago, backup said:

Seen a clip earlier of a reporting Scotland story running us into the ground about child abuse, not a word about torbett of celtic who is in court today, not one word.

He's in for a preliminary hearing. There will be nothing to report. Trial isnt' scheduled until next month.

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I have plenty of constructive ideas to fight our corner.

First one - which wouldn't do much but would certainly give them an idea of the strength of feeling amongst fans - would be to have a small protest at a wee event the SFA are hosting this weekend. I'm sure thousands of bears at Hampden before, during and after the Cup Final would cause them a massive headache.

I'd stop giving a penny to other clubs in this country. No tickets, no increased allocations, no players on loan, no teams sent to play them in testimonials. Nothing.

Provide the absolute minimum required for any SFA/SPFL events. If we have to provide players for events send youth players along.

Stop the cosy wee arrangements we have with celtic over votes on the SFA/SPFL boards. (we stand a candidate/they dont and vice-versa).

I'd go out of our way to highlight every transgression by every club in the country - regardless of how petty - if necessary release statements every month highlighting said issues that haven't been dealth with.

Bin the PR guru who is more interested in fighting battles with his former colleagues on our dime than doing his job.

Release the 5WA, in its entirety, and lay bare quite the hurdles we had to agree to jump through to get our licence.

and probably most importantly, hire executives from outwith the Scottish football bubble who doesn't care about ruffling some feathers just because it might hurt who they play golf with.

So to what extent and when would the effects of these ideas be felt if at all, sometimes you have to confront your enemies head on, which is what we require to do rather than tip toeing through the tulips.

Also it is heartening to see here at least, that an overwhelming majority are in favour of direct action.

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Yes, I think the club should fight this all the way. I believe those that booted us out of the league and forced the club to sign a 5WA should have been put before The FIFA Ethics Committee. I won't be happy until FIFA make a public announcement that the then SPL club's/SFA acted unlawfully.

Never gonna happen sweetheart 

30 minutes ago, backup said:

So to what extent and when would the effects of these ideas be felt if at all, sometimes you have to confront your enemies head on, which is what we require to do rather than tip toeing through the tulips.

Also it is heartening to see here at least, that an overwhelming majority are in favour of direct action.

First of all, they wouldn't put as in a position where we would be on the receiving end of additional sanctions for them.

They will deny clubs, the SFA/SPFL and potentially even their commercial partners revenue.

They'll minimise media interest in events in they are getting sent a Rangers u17 player to promote the start of the season - less media coverage = reduced interest from external partners = reduced revenue for clubs who are surviving hand-to-mouth.

It puts the pressure on the SFA to dish out punishments for every rule-breach or lose credibility - and adds weight to any complaints their treatment of us was disproportionate.

It stops folk using their personal relationship (or lack thereof) to take digs at the club via Traynor's association with us.

It lays bare to the world the AGREED FWA and not just drafts which are available now. Publish the final signed copy and let everyone see how we were shafted and how chuckles was more than happy to play along with the charade.

It gives us executives who are more interested in doing a good job than feathering their nest and getting themselves in with the 'scottish fitba set' who are at all the charity events, black tie dinners etc

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

First of all, they wouldn't put as in a position where we would be on the receiving end of additional sanctions for them.

They will deny clubs, the SFA/SPFL and potentially even their commercial partners revenue.

They'll minimise media interest in events in they are getting sent a Rangers u17 player to promote the start of the season - less media coverage = reduced interest from external partners = reduced revenue for clubs who are surviving hand-to-mouth.

It puts the pressure on the SFA to dish out punishments for every rule-breach or lose credibility - and adds weight to any complaints their treatment of us was disproportionate.

It stops folk using their personal relationship (or lack thereof) to take digs at the club via Traynor's association with us.

It lays bare to the world the AGREED FWA and not just drafts which are available now. Publish the final signed copy and let everyone see how we were shafted and how chuckles was more than happy to play along with the charade.

It gives us executives who are more interested in doing a good job than feathering their nest and getting themselves in with the 'scottish fitba set' who are at all the charity events, black tie dinners etc

To summarise, you favour the feather duster approach, carry on the vast majority here at least disagree with that approach, which as I said is heartening. 

7 minutes ago, backup said:

To summarise, you favour the feather duster approach, carry on the vast majority here at least disagree with that approach, which as I said is heartening. 

No i prefer the one that doesn't actively harm Rangers.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I have plenty of constructive ideas to fight our corner.

First one - which wouldn't do much but would certainly give them an idea of the strength of feeling amongst fans - would be to have a small protest at a wee event the SFA are hosting this weekend. I'm sure thousands of bears at Hampden before, during and after the Cup Final would cause them a massive headache.

I'd stop giving a penny to other clubs in this country. No tickets, no increased allocations, no players on loan, no teams sent to play them in testimonials. Nothing.

Provide the absolute minimum required for any SFA/SPFL events. If we have to provide players for events send youth players along.

Stop the cosy wee arrangements we have with celtic over votes on the SFA/SPFL boards. (we stand a candidate/they dont and vice-versa).

I'd go out of our way to highlight every transgression by every club in the country - regardless of how petty - if necessary release statements every month highlighting said issues that haven't been dealth with.

Bin the PR guru who is more interested in fighting battles with his former colleagues on our dime than doing his job.

Release the 5WA, in its entirety, and lay bare quite the hurdles we had to agree to jump through to get our licence.

and probably most importantly, hire executives from outwith the Scottish football bubble who doesn't care about ruffling some feathers just because it might hurt who they play golf with.

giphy.gif.bb90220e0562c4528866fc83bbb0ee42.gif

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No i prefer the one that doesn't actively harm Rangers.

Like I said the feather duster approach, which has caused us nothing but harm since the day murray walked through the Ibrox doors, his disciples are carrying it on to this day with the same results, despised and treated like 3rd class citizens.

2 minutes ago, backup said:

Like I said the feather duster approach, which has caused us nothing but harm since the day murray walked through the Ibrox doors, his disciples are carrying it on to this day with the same results, despised and treated like 3rd class citizens.

Then tell us, what do you think we should do?

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then tell us, what do you think we should do?

I already did you had a wilkie, anyway I will leave you waving your feather duster it won't do anything but move dust though. 

4 minutes ago, backup said:

I already did you had a wilkie, anyway I will leave you waving your feather duster it won't do anything but move dust though. 

All you've said is "fight them in open court."

On what basis would we "fight them in open court"? Looking for what outcome?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

We don't have the option to withdraw from the Scottish Cup. We refuse to play they revoke our licence to play. At all. No friendlies, no league, no Europe.

Rangers aren't legally responsible for any away fans attending games anyway so it's an utterly toothless threat.

We don't get to refuse to sign the TV deal. Clubs don't sign it. The SPFL does on our behalf. We might - if we're lucky get a vote on it but us refusing alone would do absolutely nothing. If we refuse the media partners access we just open ourself up to sanctions from the SPFL.

We can withdraw from what the fuck we like , suspend our licence ? Do they really want to go down that route?  As for the spfl do it on our behalf?  We fucking own Ibrox not the spfl and if we say the cameras don't come in then they don't come in .

You have spent too much time with the media , now your telling us we can't do this and we can't do that ?   As I said we can do what we fucking damn hell what  we please and we will see them in court if they say otherwise

Lets get one thing straight the media, SFA or the fucking spfl will never ever tell us we must put the cameras in our ground if we say they are not getting in.  

As I said tell them we do not want to be involved in any new deal and any new deal must exclude us as we are banning cameras from  Ibrox , have a press conference on Sky and tell them no live football will be televised at Ibrox ( and watch them all sit up and take notice), who will then pay for all their wages? And contact UEFA and ask the,  to get involved as there is no reasoning with these bigots, or this is going to a court of law as it's disgraceful how Rangers football club are treated by the football association 

Fuck their cup pullout or play the boys and fuck any new tv deal and ban cameras from Ibrox, they want a War then we will give them a fucking nuclear war, and for your info rmation we already banned cameras under Souness. 

No Stevie G on sky next season then no point showing Scottish football 

@bluebovril

Never say never.

I remember when Charles Green said that it was a SPL/SFA witch hunt and the governing bodies said "prove it".  I think the time is now right to challenge the 5WA. I think Donald Findlay could build a very good case on behalf of the club, to send to the Independent Ethics Committee Investigatory Chamber.

http://www.fifa.com/governance/independent-ethics-committee/investigatory-chamber/profile.html

Just now, Copland bear said:

We can withdraw from what the fuck we like , suspend our licence ? Do they really want to go down that route?  As for the spfl do it on our behalf?  We fucking own Ibrox not the spfl and if we say the cameras don't come in then they don't come in .

You have spent too much time with the media , now your telling us we can't do this and we can't do that ?   As I said we can do what we fucking damn hell what  we please and we will see them in court if they say otherwise

Lets get one thing straight the media, SFA or the fucking spfl will never ever tell us we must put the cameras in our ground if we say they are not getting in.  

As I said tell them we do not want to be involved in any new deal and any new deal must exclude us as we are banning cameras from  Ibrox , have a press conference on Sky and tell them no live football will be televised at Ibrox ( and watch them all sit up and take notice), who will then pay for all their wages? And contact UEFA and ask the, to get involved or this is going to a court of law as it's disgraceful how Rangers football club are treated by the football association 

Fuck their cup pullout or play the boys and fuck any new tv deal and ban cameras from Ibrox, they want a War then we will give them a fucking nuclear war, and for your info rmation we already banned cameras under Souness. 

I

We really can't withdraw from "what the fuck we like". Everything we do as a football club is dependent on a licence being issued by the SFA. Without that we have nothing.

You're right we own Ibrox and if we say the cameras can't come in then they can't. Just like the SPFL can tell us we aren't welcome in their league.

None of this is anything to do with me "spending time with the media" :lol: Do you think we all sit around at meetings and decide what the group opinion is or await our orders to come down from on high?

The TV deal isn't on an opt-in basis. Regardless of how much you want it to be. Clubs dont get to just pick and choose what bits we like and what bits we don't like.

Great. we banned cameras once 30 years ago. We banned celtic fans 24 years ago. We can't do either now without being in breach of SPFL rules and leaving ourself open to further sanctions.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Never say never.

I remember when Charles Green said that it was a SPL/SFA witch hunt and the governing bodies said "prove it".  I think the time is now right to challenge the 5WA. I think Donald Findlay could build a very good case on behalf of the club, to send to the Independent Ethics Committee Investigatory Chamber.

http://www.fifa.com/governance/independent-ethics-committee/investigatory-chamber/profile.html

The same Donald Findlay that couldn't make a decent case to defend himself singing the sash?

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We really can't withdraw from "what the fuck we like". Everything we do as a football club is dependent on a licence being issued by the SFA. Without that we have nothing.

You're right we own Ibrox and if we say the cameras can't come in then they can't. Just like the SPFL can tell us we aren't welcome in their league.

None of this is anything to do with me "spending time with the media" :lol: Do you think we all sit around at meetings and decide what the group opinion is or await our orders to come down from on high?

The TV deal isn't on an opt-in basis. Regardless of how much you want it to be. Clubs dont get to just pick and choose what bits we like and what bits we don't like.

Great. we banned cameras once 30 years ago. We banned celtic fans 24 years ago. We can't do either now without being in breach of SPFL rules and leaving ourself open to further sanctions.

Look let's get one thing straight they will never ever take our licence, Call their bluff , look when the new tv deal comes up for renewal tell them we don't want to be part of it in home or away fixtures and tell them now , We as a company are entitled to do what's best for the shareholders and Rangers football club 1st and foremost not Scottish footballl..

As for being in breach of rules ? Who fucking cares grow a set , we say cameras are banned then their fucking banned , and give our reasons why 

7 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Look let's get one thing straight they will never ever take our licence, Call their bluff , look when the new tv deal comes up for renewal tell them we don't want to be part of it in home or away fixtures, We as a company are entitled to do what's best for the shareholders and Rangers football club 1st and foremost not Scottish footballl..

As for being in breach of rules ? Who fucking cares grow a set 

The bank wouldn't ever call our debt in and we'd never go into admin. and we definitely wouldn't go into liquidation. and we really, really wouldn't end up playing in Scotland's third division after being kicked out of the top flight. and Scottish clubs really, really really, wouldn't vote not to even let us play in the first division and we really, really, really, really wouldn't be hit with a transfer embargo that a court would describe as "unlawful".

These sort of things would never happen so I guess you're right. They'd never take our licence.

Aye, you're right we should just grow a set and let them hit us with more disciplinary sanctions. That'll fucking show em!

EDIT: I don't how to make this clearer - we have no mechanism to refuse to participate in the TV deal. We agreed to allow cameras in by being a member of the SPFL. Don't want the cameras in then we have to resign our membership of the league.

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

id rather we didnt make the lawyers even richer than they are, but sometimes you just have no real choice in the matter.

take them to court and let's get the whole of the Scottish game suspended from international and European club football .

we will be labled the cunts by MSM and the haters. but I couldn't care less .they want to make things up to hurt us fight back and hurt them with the truth