Bronzy

Lucas Leiva (Lazio)

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

One things for sure, it looks like Gerrard is getting backed with serious money

Once we see the calibre of player signing then we will know how serious the cash is👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

If he wants Lucas but Lucas won't drop from 70k per week to 20'ish k per week that will be one for starters.

In a broader sense you'll have no idea if he's got the players he wants or not - no manager get's all the players they want for loads of reasons. 

I'd bet my life on the likes of Warburton, Pedro and even Murty in January there wanting to spend a few million on players but they got told no for whatever reasons but it's very rare you hear a manager coming out and slaughtering his chairman because they will be sacked and they have their next job to think about too ... last manager to do it was Smith when he said there's no money, he can't sign anyone and the bank were running Rangers because he had zero to lose.

I'd like to think that if Gerrard wasn't getting the funds he's promised he'd walk away and let the world know so that it would finally be the end of King and his pals when the whole fanbase turns - wishful thinking. 

There's always the players ambitions too actually ... he could want 10 players but only 2 want to come to Rangers meaning he's not really getting the players he wants.

We can pay pena 30k pw would we push that to mid 30s for Gerrards top signings I think so. Your right I have no idea who he wants no one does but I  think he will get every top target he wants put it that way. Someone is throwing serious cash at this lets see what happens.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We can pay pena 30k pw would we push that to mid 30s for Gerrards top signings I think so. Your right I have no idea who he wants no one does but I  think he will get every top target he wants put it that way. Someone is throwing serious cash at this lets see what happens.

Mid 30’s is still only half what Lucas is one though 

I think Gerrard will have to have plan a b and c for targets like all managers Do and most managers always seem to be optimistic with the business they’ve done regardless 

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I don’t think we should be paying anyone that kind of money

11 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I don’t think we should be paying anyone that kind of money

agree but with big name manager comes big responsibility to deliver what hes asked for IMO

If his main targets are  skrtel defoe and lucas we must deliver them or that would send out completely the wrong message    

Is this myth that pena is on 35k+ p/w still kicking a ball? I despair. There's plenty of actual reasons to go against the board now, without having to peddle this absolute bollocks. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Is this myth that pena is on 35k+ p/w still kicking a ball? I despair. There's plenty of actual reasons to go against the board now, without having to peddle this absolute bollocks. 

Thought it's been confirmed or credibly reported he's on 26k per week? 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Thought it's been confirmed or credibly reported he's on 26k per week? 

honestly thought the 38k/ highest paid in scotland thing was still going around... what's the source on 26k? 

6 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

It certainly looks that way, the 6m Dave King pledge the other week added to his statement of no new investors did make me think "is that it" but Gerrard must have been privy to the real sums of monies available.

• Like 1

Traynor needs to stop feeding this shite to the papers and we need to stop getting excited. Lucas was one of Lazio’s best players yet he’s going to come to play in Scotland with no guarantee of European football :lol:

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Do you think lucas could happen? I'd be stunned tbh

Don’t think there is any chance of Lucas or Defoe signing personally. 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Lucas I think your right, but Defoe one last challenge at his age plus it would be a loan deal,so not paying his full wages

that and he barely plays, I would think there's a decent chance

Cant see this happnin tbh, Did he not just sign with Lazio a year ago? The media are linking everbody Gerrard played with ffs

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Lucas I think your right, but Defoe one last challenge at his age plus it would be a loan deal,so not paying his full wages

Defoe would still outrun the SPL mate guy scores goals and still has more years in him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Either that or he’s paying for the players himself. 

47 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Aye but he’s on £100k a week so there’s no real benefit to Bournemouth sending him to us whilst probably paying 75-80% of his wages

21 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Aye but he’s on £100k a week so there’s no real benefit to Bournemouth sending him to us whilst probably paying 75-80% of his wages

65k according to Devlin?

Defoe is one of my favourite EPL strikers but I'd maybe give this one a swerve 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Don't you fucking rain on our parade with your sense eskbank 

I remember there was a lot reported about how Bournemouth were giving Defoe a contract worth over £100,000 a week when he joined them.

Even if they were to pick up the tab for most of his wages we would still have to splash out a decent amount ourselves, throw in his age and i’d rather we gave this one a miss because we’ve been stung by big name veterans who will “cruise it up here”.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I remember there was a lot reported about how Bournemouth were giving Defoe a contract worth over £100,000 a week when he joined them.

Even if they were to pick up the tab for most of his wages we would still have to splash out a decent amount ourselves, throw in his age and i’d rather we gave this one a miss because we’ve been stung by big name veterans who will “cruise it up here”.

I think it was mentioned on ssn his contract was bonus and target reliant. Even if he is 65k basic we still can't get anywhere near that 

Gerard would have made sure money was no object otherwise he couldn't do his job plus with sponsorships , bonuses and wages then they'l earn plenty 

14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think it was mentioned on ssn his contract was bonus and target reliant. Even if he is 65k basic we still can't get anywhere near that 

Yeah even if Bournemouth covered 50% that’s still over £30,000 a week.

If, and it’s unlikely, we have that sort of money to throw around i’d rather we were after somebody a bit younger but I suppose the problem with that is that a player on that sort of coin commands a bigger transfer fee than getting a player on loan does.

The other option would be to go after an out of contract player, somebody like Abel Hernandez, for example. He’s probably beyond us at the moment but when Leeds and celtic have both been credited with an interest i’d be asking the question.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

If, and it’s unlikely, we have that sort of money to throw around i’d rather we were after somebody a bit younger but I suppose the problem with that is that a player on that sort of coin commands a bigger transfer fee than getting a player on loan does.

The other option would be to an out of contract player, somebody like Abel Hernandez, for example. He’s probably beyond us at the moment but when Leeds and celtic have both been credited with an interest i’d be asking the question.

Abel Hernandez would've been one of the first names on my wish list. Quality player for this level on a freebie.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The other option would be to go after an out of contract player, somebody like Abel Hernandez, for example. He’s probably beyond us at the moment but when Leeds and celtic have both been credited with an interest i’d be asking the question.

With McGregor now back mate he may end up an option