New kit delay ?

backup

3 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Did not know that, thanks. Any idea why, other than the obvious that they were all losing money? 

I know that there was a self imposed boycott by many Bears but I thought that only really kicked in when the scandal of the Ashley deal became known.

JJB deal, close all our shops and get 3 mill a year from JJB to sell our merch. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

There was shops opened up after that. There was one in Falkirk and one in Stirling at various points during it. IIrc, they were joint ventures with JJB but were branded as Rangers shops.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was shops opened up after that. There was one in Falkirk and one in Stirling at various points during it. IIrc, they were joint ventures with JJB but were branded as Rangers shops.

That lasted about 2 mins before JJB pulled the plug. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That lasted about 2 mins before JJB pulled the plug. 

One in Falkirk was open at least two years. Stirling didn't have it as long (9months maybe) and then had 'pop-up' Rangers shops at Christmas.

49 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Thanks, I knew that the independent Rangers shops closed as part of an exclusivity deal,  just thought that deal was with Sports Direct.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

One in Falkirk was open at least two years. Stirling didn't have it as long (9months maybe) and then had 'pop-up' Rangers shops at Christmas.

Pop ups stopped closer to Ibrox. 

So you claiming the JUB deal didn’t mean the end of the shops??

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Pop ups stopped closer to Ibrox. 

So you claiming the JUB deal didn’t mean the end of the shops??

I'm claiming some survived. It closed the majority of them as they were typically absorbed into local JJBs. In the case of the Falkirk one, I believe (but could be wrong) that that one remained a Rangers store as JJB had their own branded stores literally 50feet away on the other side of Falkirk high street and were tied into the lease with a hefty penalty if they broke it. The JJB branded store on the high street didn't carry any Rangers merch whatsoever (since the Rangers shop was across the street) and the Rangers shop only closed when JJB found someone to take the lease over immediately.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm claiming some survived. It closed the majority of them as they were typically absorbed into local JJBs. In the case of the Falkirk one, I believe (but could be wrong) that that one remained a Rangers store as JJB had their own branded stores literally 50feet away on the other side of Falkirk high street and were tied into the lease with a hefty penalty if they broke it. The JJB branded store on the high street didn't carry any Rangers merch whatsoever (since the Rangers shop was across the street) and the Rangers shop only closed when JJB found someone to take the lease over immediately.

Good so the JJB deal killed the Rangers Shops. ??