New kit delay ?

backup

1 minute ago, ianb1547 said:

so there could be

That was my reading of that statement too.

I'm not the most clued up when it comes to the in's and out's of our retail deals - but what did we actually pay 3-million for last year? serious question. 

9 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Read this thread...

Ok I read it- nowhere does it mention Xmas like the OP posted. (Screen shot from last year)

He (SLO) stated the kit will be available when the current Puma deal finishes - which I believe to be June some time. 

3 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

"There are factors influencing the launch date cannot be overcame regardless of notice but launch will be fully normalised from 2019"

That's contradictory.

'Will be' and 'Should be' are two totally different statements.  

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ok I read it- nowhere does it mention Xmas like the OP posted. (Screen shot from last year)

He (SLO) stated the kit will be available when the current Puma deal finishes - which I believe to be June some time. 

Someone made a joke about them being out around Xmas and that was his response earlier. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nope, he only confirms the Players will have their kits when the Puma deal finishes. 

and here is the tweet about Christmas: 

They have no retail distribution deal in place yet. Can't even start negotiations until end of July. No supply deals for IP carrying product can commence until then either because whatever distributor is chosen will have a say in what licensed products they sell and who makes it. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

If that’s the case, I stand corrected.  Was not how I read it. 

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

Just looking at the Twitter feed it's quite obvious that the SLO is yet another Rangers wage thief as it's apparent he hasn't got a fucking clue what's going on with the club or supporters and is another one rimming the board.

Aye but he can spread up a quality roll and gammon to go along with a flat pint..:mutley: 

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

Just looking at the Twitter feed it's quite obvious that the SLO is yet another Rangers wage thief as it's apparent he hasn't got a fucking clue what's going on with the club or supporters and is another one rimming the board.

If he has said that in that manner I am honestly stunned at the lack of awareness as to what a ripple effect such a comment would cause. 

Stunned 

This is what SLO is telling us

Players will have kit in time for Europa

We wont be able to buy it in time for Europa

We wont be able to buy it in early Summer

But it will be out well before Christmas

Club have done fantastic

Next year the kit launch will be fine

Next year there shouldn't be anything to get in the way of kit launch

:facepalm:

18 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

Normal sales will be resumed by 2019 - players will start wearing kit next season.

"the previous regimes signed the retails/kit deals which have influenced the timings for the upcoming season still. The club have done as well as could be hoped in regards to this issue. From 2019/20 there should be no residual influence."

Ashley rang rings around King when the deal was being 'terminated' last year.  

9 minutes ago, markem said:

It’s almost like,

When will kit be out?

Oh yeah meant to mention, big problems. Should be Christmas, be ok next year, though. Not the clubs fault btw. 

Stunning.  

If it's not being released any time soon the club HAD to inform the fans. They rightly released public statements when they resolved the sports direct deal, told us to start buying strips and also with the Hummel sponsorship. It's all very good having that and telling us this good news but if we can't buy a strip anytime soon that's some pretty important news and to an extent nullifies any good work that's taken place. If there are valid reasons for the delay let us know.

We need clarification from the club. The SLO IMO really shouldn't be communicating about this in the manner he is if he doesn't have full detail. He's just creating more confusion and anger.

6 minutes ago, markem said:

If that’s the case, I stand corrected.  Was not how I read it. 

No need to stand corrected the OP is correct as to the SLO mentioning well before Xmas, if some wish to somehow put a different slant on his twitter post, that of course is up to them.