New kit delay ?

backup

2 hours ago, weeneily said:

The problem is they don't have a retail partner to handle the development and logistics supply of all licensed products and anticipate it will be early August before a deal is done. The last thing they want is to have to announce a new deal with SD.  

Is there something in business law that stops everything being agreed so that the day after a deal (SD/Puma is this case) ends the new deal/s can be signed ?

Fucking joke, never bought the last top...well my son got one but after the fiasco and then it doubled in price I thought fuck that.

Seems like the club are cutting their nose of here, shirt sales would surely rocket after Gerrards announcement and the way things are looking. 

We should be getting these out asap and generating funds, seems like a no brainer.

Can't wait too see the younger generation sporting our colours in the local parks loud and proud.

2 hours ago, weeneily said:

The problem is they don't have a retail partner to handle the development and logistics supply of all licensed products and anticipate it will be early August before a deal is done. The last thing they want is to have to announce a new deal with SD.  

There aren’t many alternative options only DW Sport or JD Sport?  Unless they run the megastore and do online only?

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Is there something in business law that stops everything being agreed so that the day after a deal (SD/Puma is this case) ends the new deal/s can be signed ?

I think the challenge is the fact that the chosen retail partner (who has not been decided yet) does not have access to the Club IP to start the process of product development until they are awarded the contract. Kits are the main thing but there is all the other branded product to be developed and sourced.

1 hour ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Fuck SD , what would be so difficult to sell them at the Megastore and Online only . Saying that ,making a cuppa would be difficult for the board ffs . Who the fuck is in charge of dealing with the retail division of us . 

All supply chain matters will be the decision of the chosen retail partner and at the moment the Club does not have the in house structure set up to source all the branded products required to stock even the Megastore and online shop.

7 minutes ago, weeneily said:

All supply chain matters will be the decision of the chosen retail partner and at the moment the Club does not have the in house structure set up to source all the branded products required to stock even the Megastore and online shop.

The odds look to be leaning towards another SD deal.

6 hours ago, Bears r us said:

When the deal with Hummel was announced I asked at least three times where they would be sold (was the megastore being run by ourselves or someone running it for us) but no one ever answered my question, maybe I am psychic. :happy:

It does seem like a fuck up once again. :headwall:

4 hours ago, weeneily said:

Fill the megastore then load a few vans full of kits and do a kit sale roadshow stopping in towns on certain days to promote and sell the kits. 

They could also use Amazon for the online stuff

39 minutes ago, weeneily said:

I think the challenge is the fact that the chosen retail partner (who has not been decided yet) does not have access to the Club IP to start the process of product development until they are awarded the contract. Kits are the main thing but there is all the other branded product to be developed and sourced.

Thanks Neil I assumed it could not be straightforward or this delay would not be needed. 

36 minutes ago, weeneily said:

Fuckin shambles , should really get someone in with some experience in this sector n sort this never ending saga out .

24 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Fill the megastore then load a few vans full of kits and do a kit sale roadshow stopping in towns on certain days to promote and sell the kits. 

I think what Neil says might make that difficult mate, but I could do a day now and then selling out the back of a van if you can come along as my minder from the taigs. :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Could double up with the RBS mobile banks that will roaming about all over the country soon and kill two birds with one stone. 

Come and pay your council tax get a Rangers top as well. 

10 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Remember when the kits were launched late June/early July? Those were the days...

Aye, that shower if shite have theirs fir next season on sale already.......we should have them also.

Once upon a fucking time

34 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Could double up with the RBS mobile banks that will roaming about all over the country soon and kill two birds with one stone. 

Come and pay your council tax get a Rangers top as well. 

PCG wouldny need to be a minder for  Bears R Us then from any Taigs ,Cause they don't pay Council Tax 

4 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Fuck SD , what would be so difficult to sell them at the Megastore and Online only . Saying that ,making a cuppa would be difficult for the board ffs . Who the fuck is in charge of dealing with the retail division of us . 

I think it’s to do with storing stock and getting  it to the megastore.

When we used to run it ourselves we had warehouses for stock and logistics partners. We don’t have that now I believe. 

All that being said, there must be a logistics group willing to work with us, problem could be cost though, in comparison to having a full on distribution partner such as JD Sports etc.

7 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

If you'd not been IP banned on FF you'd know what's really happening with the new retail deal ?

You mean this thread where they have absolutely no idea what time of day it is, rather like the SLO ?

See you are still a frustrated IP fantasy cop, takes all sorts I suppose :lol:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/hummel-shirts-training-gear-etc.30703/