Allan McGregor "poised to return to Rangers"

Potdog

Apparently supposed to be signing today.

Allan McGregor is set to complete his return to Rangers, Press Association Sport understands.

The former Light Blues goalkeeper is out of contract at Hull and has knocked back Tigers boss Nigel Adkins’ offer of a new deal.

Instead, the 36-year-old has decided to return to Rangers six years after quitting in the wake of the club’s financial meltdown.

Ibrox chiefs are hopeful a deal could be wrapped up by the close of business on Wednesday.

McGregor will become Steven Gerrard’s second signing since taking over as Rangers boss, following the capture of midfielder Scott Arfield from Burnley earlier this week.

The 35-cap Scotland international won three league titles, a hat-trick of Scottish Cups and five League Cup titles during his first Rangers stint.

After he joined the exodus of big-name stars from the club in 2012, he spent a year with Besiktas in Turkey before joining Hull.

He has since racked up almost 150 appearances for the KCOM Stadium club but has now decided it is time to return north.

http://sport.bt.com/football/hull-goalkeeper-allan-mcgregor-poised-to-return-to-Rangers-S11364272201831

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Good. Better than our current crop, a winner and an example of the kind of character we need to start recruiting. 

Sick of thin skinned, weak personalities, so this is good news.

McGregor for two years whilst slowly blooding the two or three excellent young keepers we have...

And he can save a fucking penalty! Not sure I've seen Wes/Jak save one!

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Good. Better than our current crop, a winner and an example of the kind of character we need to start recruiting. 

Sick of thin skinned, weak personalities, so this is good news.

McGregor for two years whilst slowly blooding the two or three excellent young keepers we have...

To be honest i wish it was someone who wasn't mcgregor and was an upgrade on wes.  But i'm just glad we will be seeing the back of wes.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Four more players - captain Steven Davis, Allan McGregor, Kyle Lafferty and Jamie Ness - have lodged objections to their transfer to a "newco" Rangers.

The consortium led by Charles Green believe the players' contracts should transfer from the old, soon-to-be liquidated Rangers.

rat.jpg

I once had a mouse called Einstein, it was Brown and White.

I don't think Wes is a bad GK, but equally I haven't seen improvement in his time with us, nor do I think he has shown the consistency required overall for a Rangers GK. 

McGregor is a better keeper even at 36, and would give us a few seasons to allow us to develop our younger GKs while selling Wes for a profit. Result.