Welcome Back Allan Mcgregor

Lloyd

8 minutes ago, BlueEdu said:

I’m totally level headed about it and you’re right in what you say, but then I think about someone like Mculloch and what he did for us and I can’t help but resent McGregor. Like I say I’d love to see him win us all over but it’s a tall order

But look how it ended for McCulloch.

People ended up resenting him because he just couldn’t cut it anymore and started playing in centre back (McCoists fault for still playing him). Wallace definitely regressed as a result of sticking with us and although he’s not up to it anymore (in my eyes) it’s a shame that it’s going to end on a sour note for him too. These guys didn’t volunteer as they still got paid well but at the same time they could have refused to TUPE and get a move elsewhere.

Mcculloch was older and not likely to be in the Scotland squad bu Wallace could have been.

Whittaker, Naismith, mcGregor and Lafferty were all in their nations national squad at the time IIRC therefore it’s perhaps easier to understand but at the same time still unforgivable.

The press conference really is what sets Whittaker and Naismith apart from McGregor, Lafferty and Davis but it doesn’t mean we welcome them with open arms.

He’ll need to earn our trust and respect and those are hard to earn and easy to piss away as they all did in 2012.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Rightly or wrongly, the shagger is back. He is a decent keeper and Gerrard rates him from playing against him

Time to put the differences aside and back our new manager, his new signings and the more to come. 

If all the mhedia are halfways correct, Gerrard is setting his sights high and it's obvious better players are coming, simply bcause of who he is. There is also the matter of wages and they will not be cheap. Serious step change is happening towards what we have dreamt of these last six years. Let's not get offended and fuck it up.

If shagger puts in performances like before I doubt so many will be berating him.

We need this to work. This is the last throw of the dice and if the rumoured prospective signings are true, we are stepping up and much to look forward to.

Amen ? 

Have never been happy with the way he left the club and his comments. But he's a much better keeper than wes. 

He'll know full well what a large portion of our following think of him. And he'll know he has a lot of outstanding performances to put in to make up for it. 

He's here now

31 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

Have never been happy with the way he left the club and his comments. But he's a much better keeper than wes. 

He'll know full well what a large portion of our following think of him. And he'll know he has a lot of outstanding performances to put in to make up for it. 

He's here now

You're right, he will know, so let's not make it any harder for him. The last thing we fucking need is a nervous and unwelcome keeper!

Time to draw a line in the sand. Time to win at all costs and put those rabid scum bastards to the sword. I no longer care what it takes. The haters are again out in force pouring scorn and toxicity on our every move and now the SFA yet again appeasing their bidding. They will always hate us, such is the nature of the beast. We will never silence them, but we can put them back in their cage by doing it on the park and restore the natural order of things.

The opportunity now presents itself under Gerrard. The board are certainly backing him. There's new impetous at the club, so let's put our collective energy behind it and deliver that killer blow straight into the black hearts of our enemy.

5 hours ago, dougal72 said:

One position sorted at least , quite happy with Alnwick as number 2 after his showings over the last few weeks. Foderingham away I presume.

I heard that's why he hasn't played in the last few games, he will be away in the next week or so. 

37 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

But look how it ended for McCulloch.

People ended up resenting him because he just couldn’t cut it anymore and started playing in centre back (McCoists fault for still playing him). Wallace definitely regressed as a result of sticking with us and although he’s not up to it anymore (in my eyes) it’s a shame that it’s going to end on a sour note for him too. These guys didn’t volunteer as they still got paid well but at the same time they could have refused to TUPE and get a move elsewhere.

Mcculloch was older and not likely to be in the Scotland squad bu Wallace could have been.

Whittaker, Naismith, mcGregor and Lafferty were all in their nations national squad at the time IIRC therefore it’s perhaps easier to understand but at the same time still unforgivable.

The press conference really is what sets Whittaker and Naismith apart from McGregor, Lafferty and Davis but it doesn’t mean we welcome them with open arms.

He’ll need to earn our trust and respect and those are hard to earn and easy to piss away as they all did in 2012.

Agree about the press conference.

Personally guys like Mculloch are heroes to me, even Mccoist, and I’m not the type of fan to slag them because they were bad at their jobs, they gave everything in my eyes.

McGregor makes good business sense 

Just wait till he pulls off some of the saves that he's done for Hull City this season. Guaranteed at least 10 points extra with him here.

This guy has played in the biggest and most important games for us so knows exactly what's expected. Not forgetting he was a winner with us so he brings that mentality unlike Wes who is happy to accept a point at Dundee.

Anyone wearing the blue of Rangers will get my support. Like it or lump it, some players are needed and if its ex tupe players then so be it.

If they help beat the scum and get us the league then who am I to complain. Wait and see what happens.

Not happy at them all deserting the ship. I would be happy to see Walllace back in a better pool of players and manager,

he did his best with a bad lot for a few years before injury. I hope he gets the chance to play one more season with us at least. 

27 minutes ago, GT66 said:

No one knows, apart from Blue Avenger, he's a good pal of "Stevie G" judging by his posts

5 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Both I’d imagine. Gerrard sanctioned it, Allen suggested.

:thumbsup:

Regardless, Allen identifying good players. Might have had it tough in January and got some wrong - Jan market is always tougher - but Arfield and McGregor, on paper are two good signings.

If Allen is identifying players like this, while Gerrard is identifying his own and utilising his extensive contacts (Lucas, Defoe etc for example) then surely things are looking up? Fingers crossed for the boys in blue.