Rangers Football Club - come and shite all over us at our lowest point

GOAT

13 minutes ago, GOAT said:

No one asked or expecting him to play third division football, tupe over and make the club some much needed money.  He was easily worth 5-10 million in the prime of his career in 2012.  Now we wouldn’t have got that much in the summer of 2012 but still we could have got a million or two.  Then he goes with our respect and thanks for all he done for the club and he keeps his Rangers legacy intact.  Fuck sake an American that played for us for less than 12 months done that.  Kirk broadfoot done that, people give broadfoot all sorts of stick but that guy deserves the biggest amount of respect in the world for doing the right thing. 

Bang on mate. These cunts knew EXACTLY what they were doing by not transferring over. Rangers men my fucking arse!!!

There is zero debate about right or wrong or the truth coming out or any other pish 

those players let us down badly and damaged there reputations beyond repair but as I said Earlier lesson learned and I’m over it 

nobody cares as much about this club as we do ultimately it’s a job for these guys 

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

it's a good signing if Fod goes for a good money, but he is a traitor bastard the same as the rest that went. I've got no time for this " I would like to hear the real story " pish either...are people saying that really so gullible? do you think he and his agent weren't thinking exactly what Naismith was saying in his press conference with Whittiker? 

I really wonder sometimes if we do have any standards left as a club because apparent it literally doesn't matter what you do to our club or fans - your welcome back any time.

Unfortunately players were looking after themselves. This could also be true of those that stayed as well as they had contracts with decent wages and perhaps knew they would not get a better contract elsewhere easily. They will all have their own stories and some will deserve the resentment more than others. 2 of the players went public at the time and it was disgraceful.

I reckon more fans were vocally against Miller re-signing the first time than they are of McGregor now. But Walter Smith went ahead with the Miller signing anyway. I don't see re-signing former players that made mistakes as a 'standards' issue as long as they are being signed for the right reason and that is that they will help get this club back to the top. I think if he's the best signing we could make then we had to make it. Whatever is needed to win our next title trumps any grudges held against former players.

25 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

it's a good signing if Fod goes for a good money, but he is a traitor bastard the same as the rest that went. I've got no time for this " I would like to hear the real story " pish either...are people saying that really so gullible? do you think he and his agent weren't thinking exactly what Naismith was saying in his press conference with Whittiker? 

I really wonder sometimes if we do have any standards left as a club because apparent it literally doesn't matter what you do to our club or fans - your welcome back any time.

If you don't mind him being back is one thing IMO but this pish about he was ill-advised, seen what Green was about, looked after his career is fucking nausiating and totally re-writing things to suit their new mindset. 

People should just be honest with themselves. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If you don't mind him being back is one thing IMO but this pish about he was ill-advised, seen what Green was about, looked after his career is fucking nausiating and totally re-writing things to suit their new mindset. 

People should just be honest with themselves. 

Mate, the honest truth is that people apparently don't really care what he did. They have forgotten how they felt, or time has diluted how they felt, or they didnt really care that much in the first place. Now, I have never claimed on here to be some uber staunch cunt - but I remember this clearly, I remember how I felt at that time as if it was yesterday  -and watching this guy come back to the club and say he has come home I just find nauseating.

Just now, cushynumber said:

Mate, the honest truth is that people apparently don't really care what he did. They have forgotten how they felt, or time has diluted how they felt, or they didnt really care that much in the first place. Now, I have never claimed on here to be some uber staunch cunt - but I remember this clearly, I remember how I felt at that time as if it was yesterday  -and watching this guy come back to the club and say he has come home I just find nauseating.

None of their excuses now for forgiving him stack up ... who cares if he seen what Green was all about? what did they have to gain from not tupe'ing over and getting us some much needed cash? if they think Green would have stole it? lol ... he could have stole 24-million he raised in a share issue, don't think he was that bothered about the 2-million in the players contracts from the wage cuts when selling them ... Green was a bad egg but the revision'ism pisses me off - as I said people need to just be honest with themselves.

If you've mellowed = fine. 
If you're scunnered with his return = also fine.

the rest of the stuff is just bullshit.

I've got mixed feelings on this and thinking back to 2012 I'm sure I said none of them should be allowed back. In all honesty do we really need him? The 2 we have are ok but nothing special. Having said that they have mostly had a shite defence in front of them. Forgetting who he is and what happened before it's a good signing but its one I don't think we really need unless of course a good bid comes in for fod.

Overall it doesn't sit right with me but while I'm not going to stand outside Ibrox, pitchfork in hand raging about it, I certainly won't be putting up the bunting

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

International goalie still in his prime, easy 20k+, plus a cracking signing on fee. 

No wonder he’s buzzing. 

Tbf, he could almost certainly command more if he'd gone somewhere else.

Doubt he'd have been short of offers.

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Alves !! Really ?? An imposter with the heart of a mouse, who was and is washed up.

He's nowhere near as bad as people on here make out and most of the shit opinions of him are down to people having unrealistic expectations.

He's the best defender we have.

Some of the comments here are unbelievable. 

He left on bad terms granted but he's back and he's much better than the dross shit we have had in the last few years.

I for one can't wait too see him back between the sticks and he looks and sounds ready for the challenge.

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

Keep seeing people saying McGregor regrets the way he left. Never seen anything to back this up. 

More like he regrets the way things turned out and what happened but look at some of the abuse Lee Wallace takes on here even tho he chose too stay and fight.

Mcgregor was Ill advised and probably realised after time he chose the wrong path .

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's nowhere near as bad as people on here make out and most of the shit opinions of him are down to people having unrealistic expectations.

He's the best defender we have.

Not exactly saying much there m8 but regardless of any merits Alves MAY have, Gerrard cannot trust or rely on him.

6 minutes ago, dande101 said:

More like he regrets the way things turned out and what happened but look at some of the abuse Lee Wallace takes on here even tho he chose too stay and fight.

Mcgregor was Ill advised and probably realised after time he chose the wrong path .

Lee Wallace takes some abuse because he's not great and should 100% be in the Hall Of Fame when he leaves.

McGregor should never have been allowed back, and it virtually spits in the face of Wallace and the like

Just now, dande101 said:

Mcgregor was I'll advised and probably realised after time he chose the wrong path .

Sorry, but that's just fucking PISH! The situation was crystal clear....it was the most talked about set of events in Scotland for weeks/months. He had a choice......leave and find a club willing to pay a higher wage, or tupe over and let the club get a fee but possibly not take such a high wage. These rat bastards knew exactly what they were doing but weren't prepared to do it. 

If they were any sort of man, they'd have come out and admitted they were wrong and apologised. Now he's waltzing back in grinning like the cat that got the cream. He has very hard work ahead of him and bare minimum needs to apologise.