Reporting Scotland Leading Story

Misteral

1 hour ago, five stars said:

What is clear from this is that the media have an anti Rangers agenda. This should dispel any lingering doubt that even from the most sceptical supporter might of had.

It's the usual suspects the bbc, record, evening times and the herald.

What can we do about it?

Agenda? Nope! 

43 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I recall when the site openly welcomed celtic supporters. All in an open forum. It was very different then but we still have a “laugh at celtic” thread it’s just rightly in general sports now. I would even do away with that thread but that’s just a personal view. 

What I also recall was while we laughed at their paranoia we allowed their conspiracy’s, which we naively dismissed as ludicrous, to become more and more mainstream to the point where they were accepted as truths. A lie told often enough. 

We laughed as they coined referees and hired private investigators. We ignored them as they hunted good people out of jobs. Those crazy fenians and their window smashing  eh  jolly jaipsters

all the while we laughed at their paranoia until drip drip drip over time their narrative of big bad unionist loyalist proddy’s became accepted. 

I am not going to list all the ways which this has manifested itself. But there can be no more glaring an example as the treatment of Rangers in 2012. Unprecedented in world football. Give me one other example of how our own FA has tried to kill us, stolen money from us, and endeavoured to isolate our club and our support. 

I say this as an expat of 18 years. As an outsider looking in. As someone who follows through technology. Maybe in the pubs and in the offline world it looks different but following the affairs in Scotland from afar it’s very apparent what has happened 

... and folk wonder why I say some come across as paranoid! 

41 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Surely you can see that this is a hatchet job. It doesn't matter what Rangers said it is how the BBC report on us, The SNP have ruined this country.

The SNP hate the bbc for their biased reporting so IF the BBC have an ‘agenda’ then it’s definately nothing to do with the SNP!  

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The SNP hate the bbc for their biased reporting so IF the BBC have an ‘agenda’ then it’s definately nothing to do with the SNP!  

Oh so the BBC have a bias, well blow me down. 

But it’s only a bias if it’s against something you believe, anything else is just paranoia  

You really are the biggest waste of oxygen. 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What do you mean IF? All news agencies have an agenda and it's patently clear BBC Scotland have one that's aimed at putting Rangers in a bad light whenever they think they can get away with it. 

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

There has been plenty on the tv and in the press about both those bastards - but ‘we’only seem to notice our own! And that is paranoia. 

:caughtone:

Aye ok then.

Why no report on Hibs as the major story is with them, to many friends in the SNP government. 

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So you agree the BBC have an agenda thats a start.

28 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and folk wonder why I say some come across as paranoid! 

Ooh.  Which part? 

Was it the 2012 question? 

What have I got to be paranoid about? I live and work in Oman. I am an atheist. I have no bitterness because a fenian took my job or a religion persecuted my beliefs. 

I am concerned that Rangers Football Club and our fans continue to be treated unfairly and to a different standard than anyone else. It is very well documented over the course of a decade how this is true. But there is enough evidence in the last 3 days that should be sufficient for the hard of thinking. 

Your stance is the media is equally shit to all. This is utter drivel. I agree they are shit. They just are shit with a specific bias because it easier to be shit when the institution taking that shit doesn’t push back. 

Dignified silence means easy pickings.

“ what will sell papers and generates click bait ?” “Let’s have a go at the fenians. Nah they go mental, I like ma windaes as they ur. Let’s stick to the H*** coz they just let us have a free go.”

48 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Not really the point - it was handled badly by the club. 

A statement from Rangers Football Club said they would "co-operate fully" with all those who had a "genuine interest" in seeking to protect children and "addressing the wrongs" of what had happened in the past.

It said that both the Scottish FA and Police Scotland had been informed of the matter.

The statement added: "It is vital matters are dealt with sensitively and with proper care and regard for those involved.

"We will not respond to questions that seek to turn allegations of desperate and deplorable conduct from three or more decades ago into cheap and nasty attacks on Rangers Football Club, and those of its employees who now have to attend to such difficult matters."

I don’t know what was wrong with the Rangers statement. If your meaning the letters between the two lawyers I wouldn’t expect Rangers legal team to word the correspondence any different. Why should they have to take twisted journalists into consideration?

Considering we were forced into liquidation by the HMRC on the shoddiest of grounds why the fuck would we willy nilly accept financial liabilities?

Anyone with even an ounce of common senses can see this is the worst kind of muckraking from the BBC here. 

I would like to think all of us would wish to see any perpetrators of these kinds of awful acts brought to justice. But this is absolutely not about this. 

Absolute cat nip headline for the haters though isn't it? "Rangers admit they're not Rangers because they're peedos". 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Stuart Cosgrove, a former BBC employee, confirmed there was a feeling of anti- Rangers bias st the BBC in Scotland. Why would you even attempt to contradict what's so blatantly obvious. It's bizzare. 

5 hours ago, five stars said:

What is clear from this is that the media have an anti Rangers agenda. This should dispel any lingering doubt that even from the most sceptical supporter might of had.

It's the usual suspects the bbc, record, evening times and the herald.

What can we do about it?

Inundate their phone lines asking why Celtics blatant cover up of child abuse is not front and centre. Jam every line they have, phone, email, Twitter. X amount of bears phoning emailing tweeting these Organisation media streams would fuck them for days??.  With the bbc jam the phone lines in England and when you get asked why are you doing this explain BBC Scotland agenda against Rangers