Zenit St Petersberg v Rangers 10 years ago

What a day! Patched school and got a lift doon way ma mate and his da. Met some Cardiff True Blues and remember heading tae Lidl or Aldi tae git massive cases ae shite beer and seein boys up on tap ae the checkout dain the bouncy 

FB_IMG_1526316514394.jpg

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:26, Bighouse said:

Mixed feelings

In many ways the greatest and proudest day following the club, but its tinged with sadness and regret.

I suppose its quite fitting that my 1690th post falls on the 10th anniversary.

I have the same sentiments mate I was a very young kid when we played in Barcelona - so going was never an option.  I got a ticket via the travel club for Manchester I'll never forget the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach after the game.  I left right on full time and walked silently back to get my bus to Preston where we were staying.  Stopped and bought a Kebab got food poisoning spent the next day really sick so for me the worst experience I've had watching us and the saddest.  I cannot see us ever getting to that level of game again the money involved now is even more mental than back then.  Look at Athletico's side that won the other night - that's the level you are up against.  Sad, sad day.

I was at the game. Got my ticket via Canon the copier company. They apologised that it was just a seat not hospitality :)

I got my ticket in Manchester. The bloke said to look for the only person without a Rangers top in one of the squares and sure enough I found him.

After several hours of soaking up the atmosphere pre-match I went to see Iron Man at the cinema, came out, bought a match T-Shirt and went to the game.

I bought 2 programs (one for a friend's hubby) and got the Carlsberg blue hair freebies being handed out.

Did not have a drop of alcohol as I was driving. I did not know there was any trouble till the next day.

As for the game, I lived in Helensburgh at the time not too far from Walter and kept hoping I would bump in to him to moan about tactics.