Underwhelming signings that made an impact and vice-versa

K.A.I

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

Ashamed of myself mate.

and also, I've just re-read the OP and noticed on the second line there's a bit that says 'people you thought would be good but bombed big time' that covers Thern and Salenko perfectly. So remind us what your problem is again? 

Boli, nutted Pearce etc, thought he was going to be a monster for us..meh disappointed

Albertz? wondered who the feck was this guy, at the time anyone who wasn't a shoe in for their national team was undecided, how that changed

Goram, small, fat, fae hibs, let a goal loop in over him at tynecastle as he watched it, he did alright :cheers:

17 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Thats a brilliant shout, forgot all about him. Same season as Capucho I think

Yeah I'm positive it was.

I remember I met him outside the Paisley Lagoon in Seedhill when I was hanging about the streets boozing in my youth. He was flanked by 2 absolute monsters of security guards.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

and also, I've just re-read the OP and noticed on the second line there's a bit that says 'people you thought would be good but bombed big time' that covers Thern and Salenko perfectly. So remind us what your problem is again? 

I don’t have a problem. I scanned over the post and replies and thought that some maybe misunderstood when I seen posts naming Thern and Salenko. I’ll read more carefully next time to ensure I don’t offend your precious little self.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Therns thunderbolt against them was just :drool::bow:

17 minutes ago, miracle said:

Stephen Wright & Alan McLaren deserve a mention there too in terms of injuries.

Basile Boli was a huge disappointment.

Remember being a bit gutted for stephen wright when he came in then never got a run through injury after he was such a standout at aberdeen. Thought at the time he would have the same impact as davie robertson had on the left. So many tragic stories with injuries with Rangers over the years.

I thought Beasley for £700,000 would be an absolute steal. Established international and had done really well in PSV side that reaches the Champions League semi finals a year before we signed him. Smith was also great at pulling form out of players. Turned out he was lightweight and a decent squad player at best.

Got a few that haven't been mentioned. Surprising signings that did well. Vuckic, did us a turn when we became Newcastle reserves for 6 months. Neil Alexander, I thought he was a waste of 500k at 30 years of age, well worth that, part of our uefa cup team. Loyal. Folk have mentioned most of the others. Tugay I always thought, we don't need him, waste of money, ageing, (how spoilt were we at the time) didn't get a great look in at us but what a player. (Loved Reyna at us too)

Disappointments Colin hendry, don't think he was bad, just advocaat didn't give him a chance. Waste of money. Van vossen. Thought he'd be a great addition. Say no more. Also thought Cammy bell was a great signing at the time.

Names that others raved about, but I never really got excited by, Aaron niguez and Matt mckay.

We had a lot of hype for mladenovic and namouchi too.