Underwhelming signings that made an impact and vice-versa

K.A.I

Not sure everyone gets the op. Are we talking signings you didn’t expect to be good but turned out to be good?

If so, Steven Davis for me. At first I thought we’d signed Simon David the winger and was excited. I then heard it was Steven Davis, never heard of him unless we were talking about the snooker player. One of the best all round midfielders to dawn the jersey in the last 20 years. 

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Not sure everyone gets the op. Are we talking signings you didn’t expect to be good but turned out to be good?

If so, Steven Davis for me. At first I thought we’d signed Simon David the winger and was excited. I then heard it was Steven Davis, never heard of him unless we were talking about the snooker player. One of the best all round midfielders to dawn the jersey in the last 20 years. 

What's not to understand about it? underwhelming means you were a bit meh or unhappy with the signing, made an impact means they did well/done a job ... and vice-versa means the opposite to it i.e players you thought would be good signings and weren't? 

Unless I'm going mental and have a major typo somewhere my eyes aren't registering? 

Woa there...20 years? 

We are talking Albertz, Gazza, peak Ferguson, Tugay, Reina!!

I'l give you 10 years though 

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Going by YouTube Mervin Celik looked awesome, turns out he was dugshite.

Remembered being underwhelmed by the signing of cuellar as knew nothing of him, but he was dynamite.

I remember I watched some highlights and though wow.

Then saw the pics of him at Airport and thought either he on the protein or wearing several layers.

He couldn't run more than a few yards without looking like his head would explode. 

1 minute ago, CoopsLaud said:

Were emerson, ostenstad and capucho not all unveiled in a triple signing thing that was hugely publised?   What a massive letdown that was.

Not sure but I remember the DR headline.

" The Egil has Landed"

1 minute ago, heathen fish boy said:

Stuart Munroe, thought 'fuckin alloa winger?' how wrong I was

On let downs was really excited about Prodan,he was a class act before his dubious knee

The likes of Prodan I suppose it depends on your own personal definition ... I'm reluctant to name guys like Rozentael, Prodan, Michael Ball and Thern as they suffered bad injuries and it wasn't really their fault they never made an impact - talent never in question too, additionally. 

I suppose each to their own on it - as they were let-down's regardless. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

The likes of Prodan I suppose it depends on your own personal definition ... I'm reluctant to name guys like Rozentael, Prodan, Michael Ball and Thern as they suffered bad injuries and it wasn't really their fault they never made an impact - talent never in question too, additionally. 

I suppose each to their own on it - as they were let-down's regardless. 

Stephen Wright & Alan McLaren deserve a mention there too in terms of injuries.

Basile Boli was a huge disappointment.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What's not to understand about it? underwhelming means you were a bit meh or unhappy with the signing, made an impact means they did well/done a job ... and vice-versa means the opposite to it i.e players you thought would be good signings and weren't? 

Unless I'm going mental and have a major typo somewhere my eyes aren't registering? 

I get it but people are quoting players like Thern and Salenko. I hardly think the Sweden captain and the World Cup golden boot winner were underwhelming signings so pipe the fuck down.

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Woa there...20 years? 

We are talking Albertz, Gazza, peak Ferguson, Tugay, Reina!!

I'l give you 10 years though 

I’ve maybe been a bit generous with the years but could have played alongside any of those guys without looking out of place. Would obviously take those you mention above him though. Reina is a good example of an underwhelming signing for me anyway. Didn’t know much about him but what a player.

1 minute ago, miracle said:

Spoiler

Hit wrong button :angrywillie:

Boli confused me,was a beast of a defender in Europe yet here guys like Simon Donnelly could out muscle him

33 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Capucho was my biggest dissapointment growing up. I was about 11/12 when he signed and thought he was going to be shit hot.

I take an instant dislike to any players that wear their socks halfway down their shins because of him now

Still won a medal in Seville wee Nuno fuck the rebels

I’ve maybe been a bit generous with the years but could have played alongside any of those guys without looking out of place. Would obviously take those you mention above him though. Reina is a good example of an underwhelming signing for me anyway. Didn’t know much about him but what a player.

I think you both mean Reyna 

4 minutes ago, miracle said:

Yeah I really liked the look of Wright and McLaren too before injury struck. Shame what happened to them.

4 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I get it but people are quoting players like Thern and Salenko. I hardly think the Sweden captain and the World Cup golden boot winner were underwhelming signings so pipe the fuck down.

Did you go to the beach today to enjoy the sun and came home with some sand in your vagina? 

I worded the topic correctly, people are answering correctly but some are saying who they thought were also let down's (Thern and Salenko) it's not exactly a crime and it's related to the thread ... plus you worded your comment at me like I'm a retard that can't create an accurate thread to the title ya wet blouse.