Underwhelming signings that made an impact and vice-versa

K.A.I

Mols tbh. Was my own lack of awareness but I had no idea what an absolute class act we were getting in him. 

Edit: probably the wrong way to describe the signing, I wasn’t underwhelmed with the signing. As I say just had no idea of the quality of the guy. 

Not sure if he actually fits into this but John Brown was a less glamorous signing because of who we signed him from but he was a stalwart in the team for years 

I suppose the opposite of this was Kuznetsov and to a lesser extent Mikhailichenko. The latter should have been one of the greats in our game like Laudrup and Gazza. I'm not sure if It was being played out of position wide but he never quite caught fire 

Kenny Miller. Sasa Papac. 

On the other end - James Beattie. I remember he was our first signing in quite some time and hes done fuck all. All i can remember is an assist at Easter road for Miller. Jerome Rothen was also a disappointment.  

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t believe how bad Krancjar, Barton and Alves have been. 

Loved Tugay and Reyna - terrific players that I’d never heard of. 

From Scotland, Broadfoot and Cleland were good (even though some thought they were pish). Odd how RB has always been a difficult role to make a success of at Rangers. 

They were both immense 

23 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

On the downside, Salenko scored 4/5 in one game in WC and we spent £2m and he was shite and as slow as a week in the jail. 

Salenko was a lot better than most people’s memories of him. He scored 8 in 18 games. 

Turn the sound down on this one…

On 16/05/2018 at 22:26, hammer93 said:

Claudia Reyna....I was a wee bit miffed when we signed an American player for 1.2million....it turned out to be a fucking steal, he was majestic for us?

On 16/05/2018 at 22:28, blueballss said:

Boli, nutted Pearce etc, thought he was going to be a monster for us..meh disappointed

Albertz? wondered who the feck was this guy, at the time anyone who wasn't a shoe in for their national team was undecided, how that changed

Goram, small, fat, fae hibs, let a goal loop in over him at tynecastle as he watched it, he did alright :cheers:

These were the two I was going to mention. Absolute masters at their individual games, and both perfect fits for us at the time. Big Amo was another one. Had never heard of him and just didn't understand why we had gone for him. Gladly proven wrong there. 

As for flops. There's been a few good mentions so far and I've only got to page 4. However, Seb Rozental (not his fault really) and Kuznetsov (similar reason) are the obvious candidates for me. 

On 16/05/2018 at 22:32, geronimoo said:

Not the guys fault coz he broke his leg in like his 2nd game but I will say Oleg Kuznetsov, he promised so much but never really got over the leg break. Well apart from that time he skelped the tims.

Was it a leg break? :hmmm:I always had it in mind he did his knee ligaments in.

On that subject, we didn't half have some bad luck in that department. Rozental, Prodan, Kuznetsov, Reid, Mols.....to name a few!