One Club so much shame

Smile

That Spidercat blog has a lot of useful info on it (especially about bheast fc) but there's a lot of stuff that is simply a figment of Cats  imagination where she's taken 2+2 and gotten 11 or where she's replicated blogs from elsewhere without checking the veracity of them (which somewhat detracts from what she gets right).

26 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We haven't clarified that in every allegation of sexual misconduct we've advised the police, as we have in this one.

We haven't clarified that the alleged abuser was sacked at the time of the initial allegation, before this one was even reported.

We haven't clarified that in no way are we passing the buck about sexual abuse onto the oldco whilst rightly confirming that this is purely a legal matter as communicated to the lawyer for any financial compensation claims.

We could easily firm up our stance and back up what we've said and done recently and historically.  Which I think we should. Especially given the reports that polis will not/ cannot confirm they received reports from us in the past.

We did, the club released a statement months ago about Neely. 

An allegation was made they investigated and he was sacked and the police informed. 

The guy is looking for money, he can’t get it from the newco, what part of that don’t you get. Would you rather the club just said your not getting any money and kept quiet, or do what they did and told the guy he had been badly advised and should contact the oldco asap to get any compensation due him. 

So you want us to say again we contacted the police only for the police to say again we can neither confirm or deny any report. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We did, the club released a statement months ago about Neely. 

An allegation was made they investigated and he was sacked and the police informed. 

The guy is looking for money, he can’t get it from the newco, what part of that don’t you get. Would you rather the club just said your not getting any money and kept quiet, or do what they did and told the guy he had been badly advised and should contact the oldco asap to get any compensation due him. 

So you want us to say again we contacted the police only for the police to say again we can neither confirm or deny any report. 

I get that he can't get it from newco and haven't suggested he can so do me a favour and don't come the cunt by suggesting I am or that's what I believe / am saying .

I am clearly stating that it's being reported / implied that we are passing the buck about sexual crimes onto oldco. We're not we are passing details of the party lawyers should contact in the case of compensation claims, such as this.

I reckon we should have a clearer more definitive response so that there can be no ambiguity between the issues. Which I feel there is now and we've not done enough to address.

I think a clear definitive statement now clarifying the steps taken (if this incorporates previous statements then fine) to reiterate our professional and morally just actions is exactly what we should be doing.

46 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I get that he can't get it from newco and haven't suggested he can so do me a favour and don't come the cunt by suggesting I am or that's what I believe / am saying .

I am clearly stating that it's being reported / implied that we are passing the buck about sexual crimes onto oldco. We're not we are passing details of the party lawyers should contact in the case of compensation claims, such as this.

I reckon we should have a clearer more definitive response so that there can be no ambiguity between the issues. Which I feel there is now and we've not done enough to address.

I think a clear definitive statement now clarifying the steps taken (if this incorporates previous statements then fine) to reiterate our professional and morally just actions is exactly what we should be doing.

All your asking for is the club to repeat itself. 

Are they to repeat their self every time some taig throws some muck about to see if any sticks. 

5 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

The BBC have a cheek with the Hatchet job they did on us yesterday, They knew about the worst predatory pedo who was emplyed by them how much have they paid in compensation to victims who were abused on thier premises.

Scum.

Well let’s fight fire with Fire!! They‘re prodding us and throwing shit at every turn, we as a support should gather and demand every skeleton in every club in Scotland comes out.... including cover ups

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There's separate issues here.

1. The scums proven previous and pending case involving Torbett.

2. The allegations against Rangers and how that's been handled by the club historically and now currently in the press.

3. The Press agenda in targeting us for isolated historical instances whilst ignoring multiple incidents and apparently club concealed abuse elsewhere.

I'm all for points 1 and 3 being highlighted and promoted to raise awareness and show the true depravity which others seem to have buried or attempted to do so.

I'm just a bit uncomfortable it appears in doing so it appears we're attempting to deflect from point 2 which mustn't happen.  And by that I mean the club should be smarter in what message they are giving now (and how it's given) to demonstrate our actions now and historically were exemplary (if that's the case).

I just feel yesterday's BBC article was given ammunition which deliberately shows us in poor light, which should be addressed by the club to absolutely nail we've done nothing wrong.

Its a fine balance between sticking up for our actions, and it sounding like deflationary whataboutery when talking about others wrongdoings. And I don't think we've got it right yet given how we've allowed ourselves to be positioned by the BBC despite.

I agree with you mate but I wouldn’t be surprised if the reply from Rangers yesterday was all about context and how the bbc cherrie picked the bits of the reply to suit their agenda.  I’m sure there would be more to it than just Rangers saying if you want compensation go to the oldco.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

If we could shut this down and reference key aspects; informed police, investigated and sacked perpetrator, supported victim and thrown a slight dig in about that’s how it should be dealt with, we’d be backing the filth up against a wall (figuratively). 

The silence lets them spread rumours, inuendo and lump us in with their horrible club. 

We should be battering the ball back at them with some heat on it. 

Fair comments??

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All your asking for is the club to repeat itself. 

Are they to repeat their self every time some taig throws some muck about to see if any sticks. 

What I'm asking for is the club to give out a strong, clear decisive message about us having always and continuing to have done the right thing by anyone claiming such an abuse by an employee.

I personally feel this has been eroded as a message by the liquidator comments which have subsequently been portrayed to be us passing a buck and writing the issue off to the oldco.

If you think right now we've delivered as strong and clear a message as we can then fair dos. I don't, and think the fact part of the recent stuff has been an email to lawyer and part has been a statement has left us short and been a mixed message.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What I'm asking for is the club to give out a strong, clear decisive message about us having always and continuing to have done the right thing by anyone claiming such an abuse by an employee.

I personally feel this has been eroded as a message by the liquidator comments which have subsequently been portrayed to be us passing a buck and writing the issue off to the oldco.

If you think right now we've delivered as strong and clear a message as we can then fair dos. I don't, and think the fact part of the recent stuff has been an email to lawyer and part has been a statement has left us short and been a mixed message.

That’s your take on it mate. 

For me, we said all that was needed and if some taig wants to make something out of it to cover up the real shame in scottish football then that’s up to them. 

4 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The story can be submitted to English news outlets. But it would take a huge amount of people submitting the same link before it would get even looked at IMO

Well we can round RM members, set up a generic email and get everyone to forward it to all the outlets. 

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

The thing is CFC are a roman catholic touchstone and those who are of that persuasion will kill any story against them if they can.

Mental that anyone would want to cover it up. Doesn’t matter if you’re a fan, someone with religion / belief or just hate Rangers. 

Surely you’d want to get justice against a paedo and those that sheltered him. 

Can’t get my head round it.